My teaching method is very interactive, and I aim to keep students engaged 100% of the time. Having worked with students who may not have been model pupils at school but clearly have the intellectual capacity to excel in their studies, I make sure the lessons cover the school curriculum without boring students.
I have been tutoring for almost 5 years, and have taught individual students as well as large classes. Currently I only teach individual pupils and small groups, as I have limited time myself being student. Last year my 100% of my students achieved an A or A* in GCSE Physics, and Level 7 or above in GCSE Maths. I am currently tutoring new students who are expected to achieve similar results.
Charges might increase for long distance travel.
Computing is £20 per hour
A level Further Maths is £18 per hour
For 2 hour lessons the price will be discounted
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
September 2016 - Present
- Autmotive Engineering BEng at University of Surrey
September 2009- June 2016
- Ilford County High School:
A LEVELS: Maths A*, Further Maths A, Physics B
GCSEs: 2 A*, 7 A, 1 B, 2C (Maths A* and English Language A)
Computer Science Tutor at Lite Regal Summer school (3 July – 14 July 2017)
• Tutored Python Programming to students 13-18 years of age
• Students ranged from absolute beginners to amateur programmers thus I learned
to accommodate for a class of mixed abilities.
Turbine Blade Facility, Rolls-Royce plc, Derby (Summer 2015)
• Used computational aided design to create graphical models of machine parts
• Inspected Turbine Blades using Coordinate Measurement Machines through use of Non-contact optical inspection tools such as optic light probes
• Observed and partook in processes such as Makino grinding, EDM die-sink, and EDM film-cooling
• Participated in Logistics Control meetings to gain further understanding of the financial aspects of the company and the scale of production of turbine blades at that single facility.
Physics tutor, Chandra Tuition Centre (October 2015 - May 2016)
• Tutored GCSE Physics for all Exam Boards,
• Tutored students from Years 9-11, thus improving my communication skills as well as my patience.
• Prepared resources and slideshows for each lesson, which helped my organisation and preparation skills develop
After School Club Leader for gifted students at Gearies Primary School (2015-2016)
• Helped develop mathematical skills of high achieving maths students at KS2 level, advancing my abilities to teach and encourage younger students
• Taught Programming and Coding to keen primary school students, improving my ability to break down complex ideas to better enable young children to understand these concepts
Volunteer Oxfam Shop South Woodford (Nov 2014 - Dec 2015)
• Managed book stocks
• Priced books for sale
• Displayed and kept book displays in rotation
Bilingual English/Tamil. Hold an A-Level in Tamil Language.
German Stage 2 Global Graduate Award.
INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
• I have a 3rd degree Brown Belt in Karate, and enjoy sparring in tournaments, which helps me keep focused and refreshed.
• Play recreational football weekly with colleagues.
• Currently Training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
National Citizen Service- Graduated October 2014
• Developed my social skills, meeting new people and having to live with them for a twoweek period assisted in preparing me for university life, by making me more socially adept and able to adjust to living with people of different lifestyles and habits.
• Made me more independent, having to cook and clean myself was a moderately new experience.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, ict lessons for all!
Taking further maths lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|