English as a second language: As a tutor you would find me laid back and eager to help, my teaching methodology involves a lot of conversation, we would have chats about various pre-prepared things. I would send you material for reading comprehension that we would go over together. It is very much up to the individual, I think people respond best to their best way of learning, so we would establish that together!
Academic Essays: This depends on if you want general help or feedback on a specific piece of writing. In the first instance we would spend time going over different approaches to essay writing and how best to get your point across, as well as guidance for referencing. If you wanted specific feedback I would read it, familiarise myself with the subject matter, and do like a teacher would in grading you, except we would talk about it at length and you would hopefully go away with a more confident footing with your essay.
I am an English and Film&Media student in Stirling University. I have excelled in my English studies since a young age; I have explored writing fiction, non-fiction, and mediums such as scripts, screenplays and articles for my entire school career.
I have given tutoring lessons in groups and one-on-one in English comprehension to people of my age, as well as adults looking to gain a larger footing in English.
I also offer high-school and university level reviewing of academic work such as critical reviews, essays and journals in all Humanities work.
I have a high comprehension in various referencing systems.
I achieved a 6 in HL English and a 6 in HL History from the International Baccalaureate in 2016.
My English grades are maintaining a high 2:1 - 1st average in university at the moment.
• University of Stirling — BA in English Literature and Film & Media, 2017 — 2021
• Global Citizenship Diploma – Awarded only to those with experience in
engagement with internationalism and cooperation with different cultures and values.
• International Baccalaureate Diploma 2016 – Grenaa, Denmark.
• Fluent in English and Lithuanian. • Experience in tutoring English, History and Social Sciences
• Public speaking and debating experience •Leader and communicator
• Skilled researcher and text analyst. • Commitment to quality performance.
WAITRESS, BISTRO 18, UAB ‘POZITYVI KOMPANIJA’; VILNIUS, LITHUANIA — JUNE – AUGUST 2018
- After previously working there for 10 months the previous year, I returned for the summer by request from the manager. I trained and supervised 5 new staff members.
- As all the staff were Lithuanian, some with limited English knowledge, it required me to coach vocabulary and cultural practices.
- Refined leadership and administrative skills, heightening my ambition to build on these skills in different workplaces.
PROMOTER AND GUIDE, CLOCKTOWER BAR CRAWL; PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC — APRIL - JULY 2017
- Promote the business, identify and catch the attention of relevant customers, describe points of interest and respond to questions. Developed skills in persuasion and approaching strangers.
- Escort groups through relevant venues, collaborate with other venue’s staff and security, and resolve any problems with itineraries and service.
ENGLISH TEACHER, ANGLOVILLE; PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC – APRIL 2017
- As a part of the 12 strong teaching team for Angloville’s Czech retreat, we had responsibility over 25 students. The week consisted of morning to evening lessons, some one-on-one, some group activities.
- The students were all adults looking to better their English, and their abilities ranged from almost fluent to very little comprehension.
DEPUTY PRESIDENT OF THE RSC, MUNISS; STUTTGART, GERMANY – APRIL 2015
- As Deputy President, my responsibilities included writing detailed booklets on the geopolitics of the region under debate, reviewing and giving advice on speeches and resolutions, and leading discussion on a series of debates lasting from 08:00 to 17:00. This conference came as my 6th time involved in an international Model United Nations.
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£10||Not available||£10|