My teaching method is entirely flexible, based on the learning needs of each student. I aim to understand how they learn, how they retain information (some use audio or visual aids, others read their notes) so that my teaching offers support. I will not force a student to learn a specific way. On the first meeting, I will first seek to know what the student's learning goals are. I believe in lifelong and meaningful learning, so I will not teach in a way where the information is memorised for an assessment and forgotten immediately after. Each lesson will feed into school based learning and teach transferable skills such as communication and time management.
I am a final year student at the University of Leicester studying Major in English Literature and Minor in Spanish Language. I received an A* and B in Sociology and Religous Studies respectively at A-Level. At GCSE level, I received two As in English Language and English Literature. I was a Class Assistant at a Kumon Study Centre, so I fully understand how to cater to different learning levels.
Pathways, January 2019 - April 2019, English mentor
• Planning and organising – preparing lesson plans for mentees and then knowing what to change for future sessions.
• Communication – clearly speaking to GCSE students and ensuring that the tasks make sense.
Kumon Study Centre, April 2016 - September 2017, Class Assistant
• Supervising – demonstrated when I would be overseeing students on their work, either maths or English, to clarify their understanding and encouraging them to grow in their learning independently.
• Professionalism – managed the processes around student engagement in the programme and communicated well to parents desiring to know their progress of their child.
St Wilfrid's CofE Academy, September 2016 - June 2017, English Ambassador to Year 8 Class
• This involved helping Year 8 students to expand on their learning of English and contribute to my own learning as I assisted the teacher by listening to the pupils read and helping them with their class work.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, essay writing lessons for all!
Taking writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|