I use a literacy based approach and provide supplemental direct instruction to improve students’ reading, technology, language, writing, math and technology skills utilizing effective integration of technology.
My teaching philosophy is to design individual learning environments that assess and track individual needs and design creative, integrated units utilizing state-of-the-art technology to teach and/or reinforce reading, language,writing, technology. math, and higher level thinking skills. I use an array of assessment tools and analyze data in order to develop an effective, evidence-based instructional plan for each student. I continuously monitor each student’s progress and make adjustments to their individualized education plan as necessary. This attention to detail consistently results in significant academic gains for my students.
I was a teacher for 25 years and have worked in various environments including teaching high-risk, multicultural neglected and delinquent youth between 5 and 18 years of age in two residential treatment facilities. In addition, I was also an ESL/Language Arts teacher for 4 years at a middle School. Each of my classes consisted of between 30 - 35 students.
In addition, I have worked as an in-home tutor for students in grade school through college. My use of assessments to design individualized instruction to target areas of difficulty provided these students with the skills and knowledge to successfully complete their classes.
My drive, commitment to student success and attention to detail has consistently resulted in significant academic gains for my students.
Please NOTE: I live in the USA and only offer online instruction.
• Received my Master’s Degree in Technology and Curriculum in 2002; also hold a Business Endorsement
• 23 years experience in education successfully integrating technology and curriculum in a variety of ways and settings
• Colorado Teacher Certification, K-12
• Business Endorsement
HIGHLIGHTS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Language Arts Teacher, 2009 to 2014, Kepner Middle School, Denver Public Schools
• Teach language arts to students identified as ELD
• Utilize technology to extend and differentiate instruction, as well as a way to challenge and interest my students
• Spent 18 years developing and teaching a technology- driven curriculum as a Title I Teacher
• I am very skillful at integrating a wide variety of technology across the curriculum, including keyboarding, Microsoft Office Suite, Power Point, electronic research, Photo software, Adobe Photo Shop, and web page creation and design.
Language Arts and Math Teacher, 1991-2009
Denver Children’s Home & Mt. St. Vincent Home, Denver Public Schools, Title I Teacher
• Earned my Master’s degree in 2002 in Curriculum and Technology
• Used my Master’s thesis for a grant proposal for which DCH received a $30,000 grant from Microsoft which I used to purchase computers, network and communications software at Denver Children’s Home
• Developed and implemented a technology-based math and language arts program which resulted in significant student achievement
• Implemented a school-wide intranet that efficiently interfaced with the administrative network at Denver Children’s Home and provided the students with a safe environment to showcase their accomplishments
• Initiated a school-wide project which involved participation in a distance-learning project called Jason III: Journey to the Center of the Earth. Provided all technological support for this Internet activity which involved students, teachers and scientists around the world. Our participation culminated in a two-week expedition to Yellowstone Park where learning continued.
Language Arts Teacher, 1988-1991
West Oso I.S.D., Title I Teacher, Corpus Christi, TX
• Implemented programs designed to assess and track individual needs and designed creative, integrated units utilizing state-of-the-art technology to teach and/or reinforce reading, language, math, and higher level thinking skills
• Developed an innovative, computerized learning environment which was used as a model throughout the Texas State Migrant Education Program
Business World, 1976-1987
• Served in capacities such as Controller, Manager of Financial Accounting and Senior Accountant
• University of Phoenix, Master’s Degree in Curriculum and Technology, 2002
• Colorado School of Mines, Internet in the Classroom & Beginning Web Page Design, 1996-97
• Adams State, Introduction to Telecommunications, 1995
• Corpus Christi State University, Secondary Teacher Certification, 1988
• The Pennsylvania State University, B.S. Major Accounting, Minor English,1976
• Mansfield State College, Major English, Minor Philosophy
STAFF DEVELOPMENT PRESENTATIONS (partial list)
• Effectively Integrating Technology in the Classroom
• Educational Resources Available on the Internet
• Creative Ways to Differentiate Instruction Through Technology
• Criteria for Selecting Software and Hardware
• Troubleshooting and Maintaining Printers, Scanners, External Storage Devices and Multi-media Presentation Equipment
• Commercial Software and Creative Implications for Extension and Enrichment Across the curriculum
• How to Access Teacher Resources on the Internet
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest academic tutoring lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, test prep lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£24|