I can teach English whether you are a native speaker or learning English as a foreign Language. I have a student centred approach, which means I want to work with you using the methods you learn best. For example, if you are a visual learner, I will use visual resources. I am experienced in d/Deaf and disability awareness and have experience working with children and adults in mainstream and SEN environments. I am a very positive and patient tutor and passionate about supporting people to grow in confidence in their abilities.
My background is in theatre and during my degree I developed skills in delivering educational drama workshops to d/Deaf, hearing and hard of hearing children and young people in a variety of schools including an SEN school. I currently work with adults with learning disabilities and in my pervious job I worked with university students in the campus Chaplaincy.
*Please be aware I work full-time shift work and I don't drive, which means my availability changes from week to week and I have to rely on public transport for face-to-face lessons.
August 2019 - present: Residential Support and Pastoral Care Staff at The Lodge Trust, Rutland.
• Supporting and encouraging the residents in their daily living e.g. personal care and meals. Interacting with the residents, getting to know them and understanding their disabilities and medical conditions and their holistic needs. Being available for pastoral support when needed.
• Acting as 'Key Worker' for two residents - organising and attending their 6 monthly and annual reviews, leasing with family and supporting the residents to buy anything they need.
• Supporting the residents in the community, for example, at church, in the supermarket and on trips to local places of interest.
September 2014 - present: Personal Assistant/Carer at Equal Lives, Norwich
• Ad hoc remote support for a client with administrative tasks, for example online research, sending emails, typing letters, basic food prep. Developed skills in utilising a short amount of time effectively. I have progressed with my understanding of, and patience with, M.E sufferers and my IT skills.
September 2018 - June 2019: Chaplaincy Assistant at The University of Reading Chaplaincy Centre.
• Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills by welcoming visitors, being hospitable and actively listening and engaging in conversation with staff and students.
• Patiently provided pastoral support and ‘signposting’ to students when required and discussed issues that arose with my Line Manager.
Assisted with weekly events, such as Soup Lunch, Theology and Doughnuts and Evening Prayer. Assisted with cooking soup for around 20 – 30 people, while adhering to food hygiene regulations.
June 2017 - August 2018: Student Communications Ambassador at University of Reading
• Communicating effectively with students to raise awareness of the various services that the university offers, writing engaging content for the student blog and creating informative ‘vlogs’ for the university YouTube channel (e.g. encouraging students to use be involved in mentoring schemes). Attending focus groups to evaluate how effective communication is with students.
September 2015 - June 2017: Open Day Ambassador at University of Reading
• Guiding visitors around campus and halls of residence, using presentation skills and making them feel welcome. I imparted my knowledge and experience of university culture and life in the wider Reading community. Answered questions from visitors and directed them to events and amenities.
November 2014 - July 2015: Student Crew Member at City College Norwich
• Applying my confidence and people skills to welcome visitors to a variety of events, including Open Days. I answered queries, gave directions and spoke to visitors about my experiences of my time at City College. Developed customer service skills.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written expression - english lessons for all!
Taking TOEFL lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£12|