An inspiring and fun teacher with a lot of experience not just in teaching (25! years) but also learning languages who will know what works best for you
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach English as a Foreign Language (EFL) at all levels – all types – General English, Business English, Exam Preparation for IELTS, KET, PET, FCE, CAE or CPE as well as the Trinity Skills for Life and Life in the UK Test. My particular area of interest is the teaching of pronunciation so you can get a lot of help in reducing your accent or giving presentations. I also offer consultation sessions in Teacher Training (practical tips/lesson plans).
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BA/MA in English Literature and Linguistics (First), RSA Cert. in TEFLA, Diploma in TEFL, LCCIEB Certificate in Teaching Business English (Credit), Cert. in Tourism.
- How much do you charge?
£25/hr if you come to my house, £30 if I travel to yours except for Business English or IELTS at £30 at my house and £35 away. Discounts for several lessons booked together/longer sessions/small groups. I also have a 48-hr cancellation policy.
Free consultation by phone or e-mail
- Where do you teach?
At my house in Windsor or at the student's home if they live locally – Ascot/Slough/Maidenhead area. For groups/more lessons taken together I am prepared to travel further.
- When are you available?
I am very flexible and willing to teach during school holidays too. Times/days – including Saturday mornings – all negotiable. Contact me for my current availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I specialise in teaching adults but I have experience in working with students of all age groups – taught children in summer camps in the UK and also at a language school in Spain for several years. So, all welcome!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
Cambridge exams (KET/PET/FCE/CAE/CPE), Trinity exams (all), IELTS, Life in the UK (British Citizenship)
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Lessons will be conducted via video chat on Skype
- Do you have a personal message for students?
– Have a regular, set time for studying – doing less more often on a regular basis is better than a marathon session every now and then
– Personalise your textbook. Use a highlighter, scribble, write, draw in it.
– Never learn words in isolation. Always learn phrases (see the article below "Learn it Like a Child")
– Surround yourself with the language (music/films/media) and read, read, read... Combine this with 1-to-1 lessons for structure and feedback... You'll get far, you'll see :)
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have 25 years of experience in teaching EFL – 22 in the UK and 3 abroad (Hungary, Spain). Both my first and last workplaces were an IH (International House) school abroad – in between I worked mainly in FE colleges and as a freelance tutor. I have been involved in Teacher Training and gave workshops to teachers in the UK and Spain. I have taught students from all around the world and have a good understanding of the specific problems for learners of different language backgrounds (Spanish, Russian, Hungarian and Japanese in particular). I have also worked in the Travel Industry (British Airways) so I can cater for your Business English needs!
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
St Giles College, London – RSA Cert. in TEFLA
Bracknell and Wokingham College – Trinity Diploma in TEFL
International House, London – Cert. in Teaching Business English
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Yes – Institute for Learning
• 1st class BA/MA (Hons) English Literature and Linguistics
• TEFL RSA Cert/TRIN.Dip/LCCIEB Cert. in Teaching Business English
• CRB checked
When I arrived back to my office after a 10-day course in Windsor with Elza and my boss heard me to speak in English again, his first reaction was like this : 'Wow, your English has been brushed up very much !' The difference is recognisable, for sure.
IÂ´ve felt very comfortable speaking English and she helped me a lot with pronunciation and speaking more naturally. We have worked very well for the exam and I feel that I couldn't do better than I did.
I started learning English relatively late and never felt comfortable using it in daily life. Lessons with Elza have massively helped me overcome this lack of confidence and I stopped being shy about speaking in English.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction-english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|