My teaching methodology is centred around the unique needs of each individual I teach - this has been learned through the amazing tutors who have helped me to excel in the English Language, but also through years of teaching and training people I have.
I am an English Literature graduate. I have had a number of poems published. I have a excellent history of securing professional roles due to my persuasive and interesting writing style. In my last three roles I have written proposals and reports to secure money for donors.
April 2018 – Present
Project Development Intern - Assisting with the facilitation and monitoring of focus groups for vulnerable caregivers, designing, conducting and analysing needs assessments , designing health intervention projects for marginalised youth, designing IEC materials, developing relationships with key stakeholders, including local government ministries, compiling funding proposals, writing project reports, maintaining relationships with donors, conducting research into international best practice and ensuring the use of these, leading international meetings, increasing the skills and capacity of the Malagasy team, providing mentoring and training, developing monitoring and evaluation tools for projects, analysing data, developing and managing budgets, managing social media accounts, liaising with UK based staff.
January 2018 – March 2018
Administrator – Common Youth
Assisting service users both over the phone and in the clinic, signposting vulnerable/distressed users as necessary to our own and external services, carrying out all general office and clinical administration, including ensuring rota cover, managing internal and external communications (post, email, telephone), word processing, minute taking, database, spreadsheets and other secretarial services, providing IT support, processing clinical tests and ordering medical supplies, ensuring clinic was stocked, maintained and fit for purpose, managing a brand change, managing both the website and social media, reception duties, processing incoming and out-going invoices, overseeing petty cash, assisting with legal compliance.
August 2017 – December 2018
Procurement Officer/Clerical Support – The Institute of Global Food Security, Queen’s University Belfast
- Managing procurement of supplies for the institute, dealing with finance-related issues and queries, generating invoices, creating finance processes and protocol, organising finance-related data, managing expense claims, organising and booking travel, liaising with suppliers, being the first point of contact for people with the school, dealing with general queries.
May 2017 – July 2017
Clerical Officer – The School of Mathematics and Physics - Queen’s University Belfast
- Organising data for a departmental move, assisting students and academics with general queries, organising hospitality, room bookings and travel.
November 2016 – May 2017
Administration Officer – Belfast and Lisburn Women's Aid (NGO)
- Managing the administration for a department of the charity, providing a plethora of administrative support to the Team Leader, team members and partner agencies of the Belfast and Lisburn Women's Aid Gateway team – including – collecting, organising, storing and taking ownership of information and databases, creating databases and reporting systems, maintaining confidentiality, collecting, collating and presenting reports, managing and auditing data, managing and checking individual and team expenses, creating presentations and resources, organising schedules, applying for grants, liaising with and organising correspondence with partner organisations and service users.
- Occasional reception duty involving assisting survivors of domestic abuse both face to face and on the
February 2016 – September 2016
I spent seven months travelling around South East and Central Asia in order to learn more about social enterprise projects and NGOs.
Volunteer English Teacher Kyaukme
- Creating a social media and crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for a social enterprise project to benefit Shan and Palaung minority youth.
- Teaching English to a class of 16 – 25 year olds in a classroom setting, 1-2-1 mentoring of students in preparation for further education.
August 2015-February 2015
Learning Support Officer – The Open University Manchester
- Providing advice, reassurance and guidance to students on a range of topics, including exam arrangements, changes to syllabi, course advice, disability support and study problems, via email, telephone, web-form and letters.
- Performing a host of academic administration tasks including - managing student records and databases, assisting disabled students with access benefits and specialised equipment, creating references, processing study intention changes, creating disability profiles, performing study checks, acting upon tutor concerns, updating student records, holding ID checks, managing complaints, assisting distressed students, explaining software, ordering materials, liaising with different departments/institutions as required.
February 2015- May 2015
International Volunteer – Restless Development Chengalpattu
- Creating a curriculum for, founding and running a 'Circle Group' to act as a safe space for young women to gain confidence.
- Organising and holding educational events and classes to promote awareness of gender violence.
- Holding classes both in schools and in Youth Clubs covering a range of subjects including gender violence, female empowerment and health.
- Conducting needs assessments, conducting field research, collecting and collating data and creating reports to take to local officials.
- Opened and promoted a youth centre to provide resources and classes for local children.
- Creating personal development plans with individuals and holding one-to-one meetings with them to assist with and track their progress.
June 2014 – February 2015
Mortgage Debt Advisor – Barclays Bank PLC Manchester
- Discussing complex and challenging situations, such as arrears, financial difficulty, fraud and mismanagement with customers in a variety of extreme emotional states and resolving these problems sympathetically. Utilising a variety of complex systems, procedures and mathematical formulae under intense time pressure to resolve customer debt issues. Learning and adhering to financial regulatory guidelines. Maintaining strict confidentiality. Liaising with other departments/organisations as required.
- Ensured Customer records were maintained and updated correctly, all data was inputted correctly, procedures adhered to. Was a point of reference for new colleagues. Organised my team's charity event.
June – September 2013
Student Service Administrator/Advisor – BPP Professional Education Manchester
- Dealing with multiple student and tutor queries via email, webform submissions, letters and telephone; including course information, study checks, complaints, booking exams, courses and ordering educational materials.
- Administrating Student Accounts – inputting orders, checking and updating records, electronically capturing post, organising and maintaining physical records.
- Liaising with other departments/organisations as required.
- Due to my excellent phone manner and ability to juggle multiple tasks, I was selected for the role of the advanced call line.
I have achieved five GSCEs at grade A and one at grade B. gained the OCR Level 2 Certificate in IT skills. I have worked in a wide variety of roles over the last 11 years, all of which have required me to input data and conduct word processing, as well as learn and use a variety of in-house systems for a multitude of different purposes.
In the last five years I have gained over 4 years
July – September 2012
Debt Advisor – Equita Finance Northampton
July – September 2012
Receptionist/Front of House Staff - The Narrowboat Inn Northampton
July – August 2011
Telesales Canvasser/Administrator – The Stroke Association (Charity) Northampton
- Contacting businesses in London via email, post and telephone to create corporate sponsorships of charity abseil events. Creating portfolios of and organising 're-contact strategies' for all key potential leads to develop on-going relationships with businesses. Performing general administration tasks to ensure all call details were captured and recorded accurately and portfolios well-maintained. Dealing with post. Creating, organising and maintaining physical records.
April 2008 – September 2010
Fraud Analyst – Barclaycard Northampton
- Identifying fraudulent activity on customer's accounts. Resolving the queries and complaints of customers who had experienced fraud professionally, providing them with advice and reassurance, managing customer databases meticulously. Managing internal communications; training staff on new processes and procedures; mentoring colleagues on a one-to-one basis, managing my team's meetings. Due to my excellent interpersonal skills, I was hailed as a role model for excellent customer service, being the only person in my department to receive 100% customer satisfaction feedback scores from customers themselves.
April 2007 – September 2007
Barclaycard - Administration Intern Northampton
University of Manchester – English Literature BA (Hons) 2.1 (67.8%)
September 2011 – September 2014
– Exhibited the ability to research effectively and work to deadlines, achieving first class marks on many essays and spoken assignments.
– Demonstrated excellent communication skills - written communication skills when presenting essays, oral communication skills when discussing difficult material in seminars and giving presentations.
– Shown a great flair for writing in an interesting, skilful and imaginative way, having several of my poems published whilst I was at University.
– Demonstrated excellent critical and analytical skills.
– Focussed my study on feminist theory and women's studies.
2008 – 2011 Campion (Language College)
A Level- English Literature (A*) Psychology (A*) History (A)
AS Level – Economics (B)
2003 – 2008 Northampton High School
GCSE – English (A), English Literature (A), Dual Sciences (A, A), History (A), French (A), Mathematics (B)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£8|