My teaching takes a down-to-earth approach. Being a recent graduate, I am still familiar with the frustration that can be experienced during study, especially when a student is struggling with a particular subject. I can help to boost students understanding and confidence when approach literature and writing.
I am an English graduate with experience in academic mentoring, as well as sports coaching. I am able to offer support in the subject of English or general essay writing for students up to A-level, boosting confidence for students returning to school after closures due to coronavirus.
Tel: (concealed information)4
Email: (concealed information)
I am an organised and hardworking individual, with a passion for helping others learn. I enjoy interacting with children and have experience working with a range of ages as a sports coach, giving me skills that can be transferred into an academic environment. I have recently completed an English degree, and look forward to the prospect of helping someone to understand and enjoy the subject. As well being very competent academically, with good essay writing skills and a sound understanding of the English language, I am a very patient person and really enjoy watching people to develop and grow.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Confident and experienced working with children of a range of ages
• Strong academic background
• Solid understanding of spelling, punctuation and grammar
• Good essay writing skills
• Very patient, with a friendly and encouraging approach
• Enthusiastic for helping others learn and watching them progress
Royal Holloway, University of London 2017-2020
BA English (First Class Honours)
Royal Latin School 2015-2017
A-levels: English (A); History (B); Theatre Studies (C)
Magdalen College School, Brackley 2010-2015
11 GCSEs (including A* in English Language and A in English Literature)
Work and Volunteering Experience:
Academic Representative, Royal Holloway Students Union 2019-2020
Marketing Assistant, The Theatre Chipping Norton 2019
Assistant Ice Skating Coach, Planet Ice 2015-2018
• Teaching ice skating lessons to people of a range of ages (age 18 months - adult)
• Leading lessons and structuring them to cover a specific criteria of skills
• Working one-to-one with skaters as well as teaching groups
• Working with skaters of a range of abilities, from beginners to national competitors
• Assisting other coaches
Peer Mentor at Royal Latin School 2015-2016
• Helping younger students in all aspects of school life
• Offering students a friendly person to talk to if they didn't feel confident talking to a teacher
• Helping students with homework
• Listening and talking to students about social or emotional issues that were experiencing
• Offering support and advice for exams
Customer Assistant at Centre Ice Shop, Planet Ice
Hobbies and Interests:
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|