My teaching method Is conversational yet inquisitive for the student. As well as structured lessons and homework, interactional tasks are proven to be invaluable for students who are trying to improve their fluency and accents. Every student has different requirements and therefore, each class will be based on individual needs. This ranges from preparation for A1-C2, IELTS or just personal improvement. Alongside ESL teaching, I can also tutor students taking their English Language IGCSE or A levels as UK students or from abroad.
I am a recent Linguistics graduate with 120 hours of TEFL certification, who has observed and taken notes in ESL classrooms of different levels over a period of time. Mentoring students from Dubai who were preparing to take their IELTS exams was one of my first encounters with English teaching. Additionally, I have helped young children from ethnic minorities learn how to read and comprehend English.
Having recently completed my English Language and Literature degree at University with a 2:1, I am eager to accept a graduate online teaching position to begin my career in English teaching. I have also recently completed a 120 hour ‘TEFL’ qualification to aid my aspired career in ESL teaching. In the 2021-2022 academic year I plan on completing a MA in Applied Linguistics, more specifically with a second language acquisition and English teaching focus. This will make me even better equipped for a career in the education sector. I am a patient, optimistic, reliable and friendly person who can adapt to different tasks, which will help whilst assisting the development of teaching strategies with my fellow teachers and whilst working with pupils on their own or in groups. Furthermore, the students in question will be aided with their progression as I am helpful and resourceful person; I am a strong believer in positive reinforcement and encouraging feedback. I would seek to bring the students together in group-work based activities to be able to improve their confidence with larger numbers of people, as I feel working alongside each other is a good way of self-improvement, especially since I found that during my university experience, the seminar based discussion was both fruitful and engaging. Throughout my experience of leading others and being taught, I have found that interactive, peer-focused approaches encourage idea sharing and promote an open learning environment for all.
Work Experience & Volunteering
• Throughout my 3 years of undergraduate study (2017-2020) I have been voted the student representative for my English Language and Literature cohort. This meant that any complaints or suggestions regarding the course were brought to me, which I then forwarded to the course leaders during the formal meetings held throughout the academic year. My role gave other students a voice and sought to improve the learning and teaching environment. Being course representative required a great deal of responsibility and leadership alongside my studies, which I will be able to relay onto any team leading and multi-tasking challenges I will face in the future.
• Additionally, between the years of 2014-2016, I spent at Loughborough College studying my A-Levels, I was a student mentor for younger pupils who came to view the college and/or wanted information on different A-level courses. During this voluntary work, the times in which I was needed were very unpredictable, which has unquestionably formed me into being a very flexible person. Whilst showing new students around, I was left independently with the visitors solving issues and queries they had alone. In a working environment, I understand that I will have to be independent whilst helping students and whilst talking to parents.
• In 2015, I volunteered at Leicester Libraries for 'The 6 Book Challenge', with the aim of encouraging children of less fortunate backgrounds between the ages of 5-13, to read as many books over the summer as possible. Whilst volunteering in different libraries, many of the children read their chosen book to me and I was able to assist them when they found the task difficult. Meeting and working with new people and young children has moulded me into being a very patient and understanding worker with a wider understanding of different reading levels amongst children of all different ages. This opportunity also opened up and furthered my understanding of different cultures and beliefs; since London is such a multicultural city, I feel this knowledge is necessary.
• In 2014, Loughborough College invited international students from different countries in favour of them completing the IELTS examination and to sharpen their English language skills. Being bilingual myself and having an interest in second-language acquisition, I mostly worked with students who had arrived from the United Arab Emirates. The I-BUDZ program was organised for non-native students, by asking natives to interact with them, automatically furthering their ability to have a conversation in English. Befriending and helping international students has placed me in a position of being able to assist others, which is a crucial skill to be able to help others in the classroom.
I believe that I would be capable of fulfilling the job roles required to work within the education sector as a graduate tutor and I hope that you / your institution agrees.
Recent Education and Academic Qualifications
• English Language and Literature BA Hons:
- Attained a 2:1.
(Graduation Date: 19th June 2020).
• 120 hours TEFL Qualified.
• A Level Sociology- GRADE B/ August 2016
• A Level English Language- GRADE B August 2016
• A Level English Literature- GRADE C August 2016
I highly recommend Yasemin as a trustworthy tutor. I have had the pleasure to work and collaborate with her during our studies in University of Greenwich. She is a well organized person and team worker who develops inspiring relationships with her colleagues. For this position I believe that her professionalism , great rapport , communication skills and teaching skills will definitely be great factors in order to deliver an efficient teaching session.
I have known Yasemin for a long time. I met her during middle school and since then she has been a good friend of mine. She was always very nice to everyone around her and loved to help people without judgement. During our time at school together, Yasemin displayed great talents in English Language. As a university student, she was really hard working and focused on her studies. I know her passion is to be a teacher and I am so happy to see that she is finally beginning to reach her goal to be a successful teacher.She has very good educational skills with her vast level of spoken and written English. She has a passion for teaching and a love for helping children and young people, which would make her an excellent teacher.Yasemin is really a organized person and she likes to perfect everything she does. With that, when she tutor others, I am 100% sure she will put the same level of organization, love and passion.
I have known Yasemin for the past 10 years, and always knew how interested she was with languages and teaching, she has grown and learnt so much within the past few years and successfully graduated as an English language and literature graduate, she has also gone above and beyond with teaching TEFL online as a tutor completing it with a certificate. Yasemin is a very talented and dedicated person who is eager to teach others by motivating them to the best of their ability.
I have known Yasemin for over five years and can recommend her wholeheartedly as an English language tutor. Yasemin is a calm, supportive, and passionate person with a flair for English language and linguistics; not only this, she is dedicated to furthering her own knowledge via her plans to pursue postgraduate research in Applied Linguistics. Yasemin is a fully-qualified TEFL tutor who will plan your lessons with diligence and assure that you leave each one feeling accomplished and confident enough to approach English at any level and thrive.
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|