My teaching method is focussed on engagement and practicality. I can give lessons up to A-Level but mainly at GCSE Level. Students who work with different types of texts consistently can learn quickly what types of language are best used in certain situations and that is what I would aim to do.
Since I left Secondary school 5 years ago I have always been tutoring students to help them achieve their potential. My specialism at the University of Leeds is looking at how best to write and how language can be used. I aim to clearly help students with how their language can be used to have a positive effect. The tutoring I can provide will be based on trying to be enthusiastic and engaging as well as providing correct information to learn from.
“A second-year student in English Language and Linguistics at the University of Leeds expected to graduate with a 2:1 in a Bachelor of Arts degree. I am looking to secure a place on the Commercial Graduate Programme in order to use and develop my skills in marketing and media strategies for your company. My career goal is to become an effective leader in the workplace and implement innovative ideas to benefit the company’s public representation.”
09/2016 – BA English Language and Linguistics (2:1)
University of Leeds
Relevant/Final year/Core modules:
• Power of Language – In this module I was analytical not just in qualitive ways but also quantitively which helped me reinforce my already adept skills of working with numbers
• Language: Structure and Sound – In this module we were asked to do the majority of work independently which allowed me to understand how I can be effective whilst working through problems I may have had with the content.
09/2014 – 08/2016 A Level WJEC English Language A, A Level AQA Geography B, A Level AQA Physical Education B, Extended Project Qualification C
Wilberforce Sixth Form College
09/2009 – 08/2014 GCSE Edexcel Mathematics A*, GCSE AQA English Language A*, GCSE AQA English Literature A, GCSE AQA Additional Science A, GCSE AQA Geography A, National ICT Distinction
Malet Lambert School
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
02/2017 – Present Realising Opportunities, eMentor
Realising Opportunities is a programme which employs students to be eMentors and work with prospective University students in year 12 to 13. The aim is to support students who are from least likely areas to have the opportunity to go to University. I helped up to ten students with their applications for University whilst communicating effectively to make them feel comfortable in the relationship built. For the following year I was asked to continue in the role by my employers.
• My main success in this position was helping one of my mentees through difficulties regarding their personal statement and making them feel confident in their own ability to write it.
• The skills of communication and organisation are key to maintain a good relationship with your mentee and this was what I strived to do during my tenure
• The responsibilities of the job: communicating, making sure key messages are presented correctly, organising the timeframe for topics on the programme
10/2015 – 08/2016 TNS Global LTD, Telephone Interviewer
As a Telephone Interviewer with TNS my aim was to complete surveys for certain companies by calling the public through a random based algorithm. The key skills in this job included being clear in communication and being friendly whilst being efficient in taking a person through the survey I was allocated. I consistently hit my given strike rates in the job often earning bonuses for extra surveys completed showing I can work to a goal and am willing to go above what is asked of me in any job. In this position it can often become frustrating when people can be rude or disingenuous and this has helped me be able to stay calm when put under pressure in other areas of life.
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
02/2016 – 03/2016 Hull Kingston Rovers, Media Assistant
In this position I assisted the Media Manager at Hull Kingston Rovers rugby league club. The aim of this position was to deliver material to the online website and social media platforms that the club operates. I gained skills in interviewing when I did a journalistic piece with one of the first team players and produced an article for the club website. Whilst working on the social media platforms I learnt about search engine optimisation and how this can help get people to visit the Twitter and Facebook pages for example.
08/2014 – 07/2016 Dennis Butler LTD, Warehouse Man
07/2013 – 08/2013 Hull Daily Mail, Sports Reporter
EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES / POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Through my sporting interests I earned the male sportsman of the year award in my school which was voted by teachers and peers which shows I am dedicated and fully engaged to the teams I am involved with
• In this same team I was made Captain in my final two years in which we won the league and an indoor regional tournament
• I play football 3 times a week for a local club and my University society in order to stay fit and build strong team values
• I am signed up to a gym which I attend 3 times a week which helps maintain health and keep me energised.
• Writing is another keen interest and I have written various match reports and articles on various topics including sport and wider issues
• In keeping with this job, I have a general interest in helping others and have consistently tutored friends, colleagues throughout my time at school and other careers
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, test prep lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||Not available||£15|