My student and my student's needs are the most important to me. Each student has a different set of language needs and I will always endeavor to make each lesson exciting and especially tailor-made to suit these needs.
I find that topic-based conversation with related activities suits most students but I am will to get to grips with some higher level grammar.
One of my strengths as an English teacher is in writing. Whether you need to prepare for an exam or need to improve your writing skills for business, I am here to help you develop your writing skills.
From children to adults, I work with students of all levels of English. I am keen to learn where you’re at in your language journey and how we can achieve your language goals.
My name is Pippa. I am an English language teacher and would love to help you improve your English. I have many years of experience in the corporate world in the area of advertising and marketing so I can help you develop your writing and speaking skills for presentations, emails, reports, interviews, and all your other business English needs.
Aside from teaching English, I am also a singer and vocal trainer. So, if you really struggle with pronunciation in English or want to reduce your accent, I will work with you on articulation, pronunciation and diction.
I have developed and taught Music and Movement brain stimulation programs for young children for some years now and have found that acquiring a language has a musical element to it. Much like music, language is both mathematical with set structures and requires sound. In order to improve your speaking and interpretation, we need to address some key elements of speech: rhythm, stress syllables and tones.
If you don’t feel confident speaking English and find it really difficult to express yourself through conversation, we will work on your storytelling abilities through topic-based discussions. The ability to share and interpret stories is essential in language development. Together, we can explore ways and mechanisms to become a better English conversationalist and feel more confident when speaking or writing.
Energetic Academic professional driven to promote student learning outcomes through engaging curriculum and innovative teaching techniques. Well-versed in coordinating in-class instruction, activities and exams to reinforce core concepts and gauge student comprehension. Attentive to individual student requirements with expertise in adapting to varied learning modalities.
• English native language
• Adaptable style
• Classroom management
• Play-based learning
• Decision making
• Professional development
• Materials sourcing
• Multitasking ability
• Effectively work with parents
• Record keeping
• Music and movement lesson execution
• Partnership development
• Program management
• Cultural competency
• Music expertise
• Professional demeanor • Organizational leadership
• Relationship Building
• Interpersonal communications
• Behavioral analysis
• Behavioral improvements
• Creative lesson plan development
• Curriculum development
• Effective listening
• Team collaboration
• Clear public speaking skills
• Motivating students
• Personalized instruction
• Program coordination
• Reporting requirements
• Program and Classroom Management
• Innovative lesson planning
• Teaching, tutoring and counselling
01/2018 to Current TEFL - English Teacher/ Co-Founder Musik MakersSA
Self Employed － Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Successfully achieved in January 2020, the 30 Hour One on One Tutor Certificate from i-to-i.
• Successfully achieved in June 2019, the 30 Hour an Online Tutor certificate from i-to-i.
• Successfully achieved in May 2019 the GA Level 3 Certificate in teaching English as a Foreign language (TEFL) (i-to-i). The GA Level 3 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language is awarded following the successful completion of the i-to-i TEFL course, a pedagogy program relating to teaching and learning in an English Language educational environment.
• At present design and compile curricula for age appropriate classes for young learners 18 months to 7 years for Musik MakersSA which is an early childhood brain development program using music and movement to stimulate all the learning domains of the brain fostering better learning- physical, social, emotional, math, language, cognitive. Learners are English speaking or dual English and Afrikaans.
• Source, write and record original songs, rhymes, stories and activities for each theme to be presented.
• Present the lessons in the classroom using appropriate, instruments and props to achieve specific objectives planned.
• Evaluate and report progress for each learner.
• Promote and market the program to prospective parents and school educators via the media, displays at school open days, free demo classes and one on one meetings.
01/2010 to 12/2017 Kindermusik Educator/ Therapist
Self Employed － Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.
• Market and promote the brand name of Kindermusik to private individuals with children aged 6 months to 7 years of age for studio classes, and extra mural classes for learners in the schools, 2 to 6 years of age.
• Present and execute all lesson plans with their corresponding material, designed and produced by Kindermusik International to learners in their age appropriate classes.
• Responsible for all learner enrollments and administration of the business franchise.
• Western Cape Joint Representative for 2 years. Responsible for further education, motivation and encouragement of the members of the Kindermusik Western Cape team. organizing venues and guest speakers and reporting back to Head Office South Africa.
07/2007 to 01/2010 Advertising Sales Manager
Today Magazine － Cape Town, South Africa, Western Cape
• Took daily inbound calls and key-entered orders, faxes, back orders and credit memos for assigned accounts and clients
• Customer-oriented approach increased sales by 100%
• Participated in various incentive programs and contests designed to support achievement of production goals
• Grew client relationships based on revenue potential by coordinating with clients, media leaders and working internally with the design team
• Developed promotional programs to optimize revenue levels
• Explained to clients how specific types of advertising helped promote customer products or services in most effective possible manner
• Consistently met and exceeded department expectations for productivity and accuracy levels
• Attracted clients, negotiated contracts and closed deals through sales strategies and personable demeanor.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£13|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£66|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£133|