-Hi my name is Shamira, I'm 20 years old and from London. I'm currently studying English literature and Creative Writing at university. I give lessons to primary, secondary, GCSE and A-Level, English Language/ Literature and Literacy.
-My technique is to work around my pupil, each pupil has their own technique when it comes to working/revising. It is much more impactful for me to work around that so the pupil gains maximum support from me instead of striving to meet my standards, I am adapting to support them.
-As a tutor I would say I'm definitely creative. For example it can be hard to access Shakespeare for many young individuals, I would hence support them in making Shakespeare more relatable to their everyday life.
I've had over a year's experience in tutoring kids aged 4-14, so I understand a range of content and can really adapt my tutoring style. My tutoring experience was with a organisation at a private tutoring centre meaning I've tutored over 100 kids. Providing support to what these students learnt within the UK national curriculum, I have contributed to the success of SATs (year 6 exams) and the overall academic successes of many students.
If you are studying below GCSE, rates may vary depending on the content of the work.
2015-2018 (Current): BA (Hons) Creative writing and English Literature- 3rd/Final year student
2015-2016: Explore Learning, Part Time Tutor:
As an Explore Learning Tutor, I had the experience of providing a service which requires her to be professional and compassionate. As a tutor, I had the responsibility of providing a safe learning environment where children can excel socially and academically. My responsibilities included:
• Supervising and tutoring groups of up to six children, ranging ages 4-14 in Mathematics and English.
• Helping specifically with creative writing and literary/literacy studies with specific students.
• Writing out session feedback notes, providing specific examples of work, and constructive feedback based off of targets set.
• Signing children in and out of the centre safely, and managing the children ratio to tutors when the centre is busy
• Giving verbal feedback to parents/carers, including individualised examples of what children struggled with and can improve on.
• Making sure any enquires made by parents are dealt with and any information relevant is given e.g. holiday opening times.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking test prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||Not available||Not available|
|5 hours||£80||Not available||Not available|
|10 hours||£150||Not available||Not available|