Each lesson will be structured around the individual and their particular educational needs. It's important to me to build their confidence in the subject through a supportive and fun environment.
I am a Learning Support Assistant hoping to become an English teacher in the near future. I work closely on a 1-2-1 basis within a SEN college supporting students to access the community and build on educational and vocational skills.
Hardworking and organized Education and English Literature Graduate who is strongly motivated in upholding high expectations in the workplace. Dedicated person who supports colleagues and strives to continue developing in training and key skills for future professions.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
SEPTEMBER 2016 TO JUNE 2019
BA (HONS) EDUCATION (PRIMARY PATHWAY) WITH ENGLISH LITERATURE (SET TO ACHIEVE A 2:1)
• Understanding Classrooms: Developed an understanding on the effects of society within the classroom environment, such as, gender; race and ethnicity, and social class inequalities. I have explored how these factors can affect a child’s educational, mental and physical development.
• In Search for America: Explored the discrimination and enslavement of African Americans through different types of literature, such as, poetry, critical essays and narratives. These forms of literature were published during and after the period of widespread slavery which include first-hand accounts of the brutality and suppression of an entire race. Also, exploring the ignorance and hypocrisy of the Southern states and the unchanging traditional views that can still be somewhat evidenced in today’s society.
• Teaching and Professionalism: Analyzed the key skills and knowledge underpinning the role of a teacher and how these skills impact their roles within the classroom every-day. I developed my presenting skills through placements and presentations of my ideas supported by complex theoretical concepts.
SEPTEMBER 2009 TO MAY 2016
NEWTON ABBOT COLLEGE
• A-Levels: English Literature (B), Sociology (C), History (C)
• 8 GCSE Grades from A*-C, including Math’s (C), English Literature and Language (B), Science (C)
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
NOVEMBER 2018 TO MARCH 2019
TWERTON INFANT SCHOOL AND NURSERY (SCHOOL TEACHER)
I worked closely alongside of the Reception and Key Stage 1 department within the school.
• The subjects were split into ability based groups, especially regarding phonics and Math’s which allowed the students to work in a more independent environment at their own pace.
• I supported the students during their lunchtime and free time where the students were able to learn through play and explore the different aspects of the curriculum.
FEBRUARY 2018 TO MAY 2018
ST ANNE’S PRIMARY SCHOOL, BRISTOL (STUDENT TEACHER)
I worked in a Year 6 class but I was able to work alongside of Key Stage 1 teachers.
• The subjects are split into ability based and mixed groupings between three classrooms, therefore my role differed between the ability of students in each subject.
• I was given a group of students each week within guided reading to record and listen to their progress regarding both their reading techniques, writing skills and the students ability to interpret texts set for them.
FEBUARY 2017 TO MAY 2017
NEWBRIDGE PRIMARY SCHOOL, BATH (STUDENT TEACHER)
I worked within the Key Stage 2 department but focused mainly in the Year 6 classes.
• The classes were structured around ability, so dependent on which class was being taught my role changed within the classroom. I was given small groups to closely work with, especially in Math’s and English in the lead up to their SAT exams.
• I volunteered as a ‘walker’ for the Year 6 SAT exams, where I supported the students during the exam but also, through revision sessions beforehand.
MARCH 2016 TO APRIL 2016
ELLEN TINKHAM SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEEDS (SEN) SCHOOL, EXETER (STUDENT TEACHER)
I worked within a SEN learning environment alongside students with a variety of disabilities (both physical and educational) and age range.
• I developed my knowledge and understanding of the support networks put in place by the school to help develop each students educational and physical needs.
• I gained an understanding of the importance of the various methods of learning, such as, the use of soft toys, shapes, colours, technology and books to deliver a high quality education. The physical needs of the students were met by onsite hydro-pool, music therapy and the light/dark rooms for students with visual impairments.
AUGUST 2017 TO PRESENT
SAINSBURY’S LOCAL, BATH (CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GENERAL ASSISTANT)
I have been able to further develop and adapt my training through the management of stock on the shop floor and warehouse. I also help to maintain set targets for the store within the daily ‘code check’, which involves the reduction of stock and cataloguing of waste. I have been trained within the bakery where I maintain the stock of pastries but, also the hygiene levels of the store. I won ‘Colleague of the Year 2018’ which was a prestigious award highlighting my hard-work and dedication to the company.
JUNE 2014 TO AUGUST 2017
SAINSBURY’S, NEWTON ABBOT (CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT)
I worked alongside the ‘Checkouts’ department to tend to customer needs and that of the general public, which developed my communication skills to clearly and quickly solve any problems presented to me.
• I have also helped to train new colleagues within the department by being used as an example to showcase the high standards maintained by the company through my own training and experiences within the profession.
• Alongside of this, I was appointed to manage the department through colleagues schedules and management of customers. Furthermore, I adapted my training to suit the individual needs of customers through working in the customer service desk, self-checkouts and kiosk.
References available on request.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|