GCSE-A Level Tutoring.
My English Literature record: A* (GCSE), A* (A-Level)
Having recently been through the schooling system I am very well equipped and knowledgable of what is necessary to gain very good, if not excellent, grades.
Understanding what the exam boards want students to demonstrate in their work is crucial to gaining marks and meeting, hopefully exceeding, grade targets.
I have over a years experience working at Kumon UK as an assistant tutor with children aged 5-16. I was teaching between 2-15 students at any given time during work hours.
I have extensive experience in working with young people (15-17) in a non-academic capacity at NCS The Challenge.
I am a highly motivated and articulate individual with the ability to work well both independently, and as part of a team. I am reliable, conscientious and adaptable to different tasks and situations.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Flexibility and adaptability to new environments
• Working under tight deadlines and large workloads
• Contributing articles to periodicals
• Writing and communicating with various organisations and individuals
• Liaising between different stakeholders
• Event management
• Possessing an outstanding attendance and punctuality record
University of York
Bachelor of Arts in English Literature and History
• Predicted Grade: 1st
• Relevant Modules: Making of the Modern World since 1650; Postcolonial Theory (Key Concepts)
Woodford County High School
• A Levels: English Literature (A*), History (A), Biology (A) AS: Maths (C)
• GCSE’s: 9 A*/As including English Language (A) and Maths (A)
• Achievements: House Captain, Senior Athlete of The Year, Form Prefect, Service to the School Award
WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Langwith College Student Association York
RAG Officer January 2017 – Present
• Organise charity fundraising events
• Liaise with YUSU RAG and publicise University-wide RAG events to Langwith students
• Support students who want to run their own fundraisers
Kumon UK London
Tutor March 2015 – July 2016
• Tutored up to 15 children at a time aged 3-16 in Maths and English
• Analysed and addressed improvements and concerns in the work ethic and academic ability of students
Woodford County High School London
House Captain May 2015 – May 2016
• Directed a musical, leading a team of over 200 pupils
• Oversaw House Charity Week, which raised over £700 of which £400 came from my Fun Run
• Encouraged the participation of pupils and advertised school and house events
Little Manor Play Project London
Volunteer July 2015 – August 2015
• Worked in a team of other volunteers and play workers to run an efficient play project over the holidays
• Ensured the wellbeing and adhered to safeguarding policies for up to 45 children aged 5-11 on and off site
• Planned and organised events and activities
Shanaz and Partners Solicitors London
Office Assistant June 2014 – July 2014
• Gained an insight into the daily routine of a solicitors
• Attended meetings between clients and lawyers
• Filled paperwork and invoices, checked case files and was responsible for other general office duties
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Volunteering: National Citizen Service, Charity Representative
Technical Skills: Functional Skills Level 1&2 in I.T
Activities: Dance Society, LCSA Committee, History Ambassador, Feedback Volunteer
Interests: Dance – Advanced 1 Tap and Intermediate Ballet and Modern (ISTD), Reading, Surfing
english literature lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest creative writing lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, test prep lessons for all!
Taking modern literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£12|
|5 hours||£70||Not available||£60|
|10 hours||£130||Not available||£120|