I can help most people with their English needs, whether it is early school exams, to degree level, and even further. My lessons will be about building confidence when it comes to communicating in English and inspiring my students to push themselves to their limits.
I am a patient and hardworking teacher and I understand the frustrations that learning a language can cause, and I will put maximum effort to make sure that you have someone by your side when it comes to learning English.
I am a recent graduate with a BA in English Literature from a top university in England. For the last year I have been teaching English as a foreign language abroad. Whilst I was abroad I taught students in groups of 3-4 who were in different age groups. In some cases I managed to improve children's grades significantly. I also taught and prepared adults for the IELTS exam, all of them achieving at least level 6.
September 2016 - June 2019
University of Manchester, Manchester - BA English Literature: 2:1
September 2015 - June 2016
David Game College, London - A Levels: English Literature (A), Sociology (A), History (B)
August 2019 - July 2020
Masa Israel Teaching Fellows, Netivei Am Elementary School, Be’er Sheva - Teaching Assistant
● Worked with 20 children one-on-one to improve their English reading, writing and speaking skills.
● Helped dramatically increase test scores, one improved from a grade of 14 in September, to 98 in June.
● Supported my teacher with side-projects which included preparing and delivering presentations.
● Adapted to living in a different country with a very different culture. Connected well with the locals.
August 2018 - August 2018
Lansdowne Partners, London - Intern
● Worked at an asset management firm where I joined my supervisor in meetings looking for potential investment opportunities.
● Prospective firms included: EA, PurpleBricks, and Hill’s Pet Nutrition.
● Researched and wrote reports on reasons why companies would be or would not be good to invest in.
June 2017 - August 2017
Camp Ramah in Northern California - Camp Councillor
● Managed, orchestrated and redesigned different activities for over 50 children alongside five other councillors.
● Identified creative ways to keep the children engaged and built a relationship of mutual trust and respect with each child.
● Adapted to the culture and connected with different people quickly and effectively.
November 2015 - March 2016
Market Probe, London - Telephone Agent
● Worked part time to help fund for exam fees and tutors as I was retaking my A Levels externally.
● Cold-called individuals where I encouraged them to complete surveys on behalf of some of the UK’s largest companies, such as Santander and ParcelForce.
● Exceeded expectations when it came to completed surveys.
● In one 5 hour shift I averaged about 20-25, when the average was 15.
October 2014 - April 2015
Ventas Central, London - Door-to-Door Salesperson
● Worked as a door-to-door salesperson signing people up for direct debits.
● Worked for about 11 hours a day in freezing conditions and my attention never wavered from the job at hand.
● Regularly reached my target of three sales a day, and sometimes surpassed them.
July 2013 - July 2013
Commerzbank AG, London - Intern
● Exposed to various departments including corporate and investment banking, marketing and sales.
● Worked on several different tasks, including data entering and analysis and working with spreadsheets.
● Tasked to prepare and deliver a presentation regarding my experience at the firm.
September 2016 - March 2018
Enactus SpeakUp! - English Tutor
● Volunteered at a global student-led organisation which developed and implemented social enterprise projects.
● Launched various initiatives in order to help parents of children improve their English so that they could have more of a say on their child’s education.
September 2016 - September 2016
Sustainability Challenge, University of Manchester
● Participated in the Sustainability Challenge where I was introduced to the challenges of sustainability.
● Learned various strategies to encourage large institutions to operate in a greener way. ● Solved various issues with certain solutions that were proposed.
● Fluent in Hebrew.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office.
● Developed my writing skills through my degree and freelance work for various online journals.
● Resilient and adaptable.
● Verbal and written communication skills.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£10||£10|