Without any interest in a subject, there is no motivation for a student to dedicate all their efforts in it.
I therefore always seek to make a text as enjoyable as possible. There are some useful methods we can follow in essay writing, but your own personal and creative approach to the texts is of equal importance to achieving excellent grades!
I have just graduated this year in English Literature and Theatre Studies at the University of Leeds.
I have tutored a couple of GCSE students in English Literature, and together with my help they moved from low 6's to high 8's.
English Literature and Theatre Studies BA
University of Leeds
Grade still pending (was heading towards a First Class Honours but grades still not given because of Covid delays).
English Literature: A
English Literature: A*
English Language: A*
Media Studies: A**
Religious Studies: A*
Triple Science (Core, Advanced, Further): A, A, A.
FCSE in French: Distinction grade.
LAMDA Distinction grade 5 and 6.
Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award.
Poetry By Heart Finalist at the University of Cambridge 2014
- Public speaking to an audience of over 300 people.
- Memorising large portions of text.
- Analysing the meaning of the texts in order to give an insightful performance.
- Dramatic performance of the pieces.
Welwyn Garden City Festival Winners 2013- 2015
- Directed plays at a young age as a group.
- Dedicated hours of rehearsals after school while studying for GCSE's.
- Sparked my creativity at a young age which later helped me at university when writing, producing and directing my own assessed plays.
Work Experience related to English Literature / Theatre Studies.
January 2020- March 2020
-Inventing exciting ways of teaching students who struggled to enjoy the subject
-Motivating the student to be creative rather than minimising their approach to texts
with one method.
-Being there for emotional support during stressful revision periods.
-Finding the balance between praising and criticising work.
July 2016 - August 2018
Work experience at STOMP and The Mousetrap.
- Operated the special effects on live performances which required multi-tasking and being alert to the changes on stage and backstage.
- Trained on lighting and sound desks which familiarised me with new, complex technologies.
- Took care of the actors' well-being.
- Trained as a stage manager.
- Later worked there full time as a Front of House assistant.
Traffic Survey Partners
January 2018 - Present
Conduct different surveys for TSP such as interviewing people about car parks and counting cars or pedestrians.
- Ensuring I was approachable and communicative to encourage hundreds of strangers to participate.
- Recording data in a clear and organised manner for the data analysts to review.
Intern Personal Assistant
Sony Music Company
June 2016 - June 2016
- Efficiently used my computer skills to operate social media and book flights for the artists.
- Handled finances.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|