Hi! My name is Mia, I am a 21 year old English literature graduate, now studying Environmental Politics Masters. I am able to help with revision methods, reading, and teaching across poetry, prose and drama, in all styles from classical to post-modern literature.
The key is detail! During lessons we would typically look at a set piece of text, then look closely at themes, structure, key terms, wider relevance and social impact. This varies between the nature of the text!
I teach in a relaxed method in which conversations surrounding the topic facilitate understanding and confidence. My seminar-style of teaching builds on the student's ability to prepare for current or further education styles and creates a well-rounded knowledge of the subject.
So far, since graduating in 2016, I have experience in teaching friends and connections to help with their exams and coursework during school. From my teaching, students have been able to develop relevant skills and understand a chosen text thoroughly in order to combat a range of potential questions in an exam, and to acquire the skills and knowledge to undertake coursework. Additionally, I help with English teachers to create lesson plans and literature-related activities!
(concealed information)9 (concealed information)
A consistently motivated individual with a multi-disciplinary background and a detailed knowledge of adaptive writing. Enjoys working as part of a team to exercise and develop skills to reach social impact goals and to raise awareness of environmental issues within educational institutions. Highly communicative with an aspiration to operate on a global scale.
• Extensive research skills
• Confident range of writing and presentation abilities
• Creative writing and publishing skills
• King’s College London, MA Environment, Politics and Globalisation – 2016-Present
• Loughborough University, BA English and American Studies – 2013-2016
January 2017 – Present Zoological Society of London
• Established contributor to the IUCN biological diversity in conservation report to ensure effective mitigation and adaptation policy
• Specialised in research on Arctic impact reference tools to monitor Arctic climate change and inform Arctic policy makers
• Compiled organograms of core and regional reference tools to facilitate access to climate change information aimed at policy makers
January 2017 – Present Charities Aid Foundation
• Produced reports and communicated with clients to advise on charity start ups
• Independent author of an extensive business market analysis report for 2017 to develop CAF advisory growth
• Presented findings within internal meetings to inform across the company and further develop CAFs internal communications
January 2016 Dorling Kindersley Books
• Created catalogue brochures and press releases to improve public relations with clients
• Created and carried out alternative marketing approaches to increase cross-departmental involvement and support the marketing department
• Used market analysis to create targets and long-term goals
January 2015 Sweet Cherry Publishing
• Increased product development through detailed manuscript and audiobook editing
• Used InDesign and Photoshop to ensure target market appropriate content
• Generated a larger social media following through campaigns
reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, poetry lessons for all!
Taking modern literature lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£90|
|10 hours||Not available||£100||£180|