Student studying English Literature at Degree level. I teach English from KS3 level to A Level in Durham. I also teach History from KS3 level to GCSE level. I am more than happy to adapt my teaching style to the individual and will mark any extra work that the student does.
I am a student, currently in my first year at Durham University. I have achieved the top grade for English in SATs, GCSE and A Level. I have also achieved an A* in an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ). For this, I wrote about the effects of immigration on individuals, as presented in three novels. My teaching style will be specific to the individual and I am happy to teach anything from SATs level to Advanced Level.
2011-2016 Shipston High School
Achieved GCSEs in: English Literature (A*), Mathematics (A*), Additional Science (A*), Further Additional Science (A*), History (A*), French (A*), Religious Studies (A*), Core Science (A), English Language (A), Music (A).
2016-2018: King Edward VI Grammar School
Achieved A Levels in: English Literature (A*), History (A), Philosophy (B), Extended Project Qualification (A*).
• Excellent service standard skills (developed through past job placements at Gramlick Designs, Brooks Law Solicitors, Mrs Brown’s Tea Rooms in Shipston, and regular babysitting as well as volunteering at Oxfam, Katharine House Hospice, Brownies and Talking Newspaper for the Blind and volunteering at local primary school).
• Strong written and communication skills (demonstrated through achieving the role of Head Girl at Shipston High School as well as Deputy Head Girl at King Edward VI Grammar School, built up through achieving full marks in Gold LAMDA Award, participating in the selection of charity organisations for the National Citizen Service, undertaking an EPQ, participating in the Oxford Schools Debating Competition and participating in Shakespeare’s As You Like It at the RSC).
• Good organisation and flexibility skills (organised numerous charity events in aid of Children in Need, Unicef, Agape Alive in India and Shakespeare’s Hospice altogether raising a total of approximately £1000 and resulting in the Gold Lions Award for Volunteering, Academic Prefect for History at K.E.S).
• Strong teamwork skills (selected for an International Opportunities Trip as part of Girlguiding to represent South West England and am still in touch with my team, elected to be the representative for South Warwickshire, a Youth Parliament organisation, participated in the National Citizen Service and have achieved the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award).
• Self-motivation (achieved Grade 5 Music Theory with distinction, achieved district level of cross country as a result of training, participating in two MOOCs on poetry and the novel as well as learning French).
• Punctuality and time-keeping (as displayed through babysitting, work placements and 100% attendance at school).
• Present: Weekly volunteering at local primary school.
• Present: Babysitting, Chaperone
• October 2016-May 2017: Cleaning job at Gramlick Designs, Shipston-On-Stour.
• July 2016-May 2017: Weekly volunteering shifts at Katharine House Hospice.
• July 2016-May 2017: Young Leader at Brownies
• July 2015: participated in a week’s work experience at Brooks Law Solicitors in Shipston-on-Stour. Archived clients’ cases, spoke to clients on the phone and edited wills. At the end of the week, given a good reference and offered future employment.
• May 2015 – December 2015: Part-time waitress at Mrs Brown’s Tea Rooms.
• January 2015 – June 2015: Delivered the “Stratford Observer” once a week.
• October 2014 - August 2015: Weekly volunteering shifts at Oxfam.
• Head Girl at Shipston High School and Deputy Head Girl at King Edward VI Grammar School after a vote by staff and other students, a personal statement and an interview.
• Cuthbert Cup for Service to the Community as a result of organising charity events and Lions Young Leaders in Service Gold Award.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, test prep lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£13||£9|