I like to teach in a relaxed manner, as I find this is conducive to the personal nature of English literature; how does a piece of writing make the reader feel, and was this the authors intention? When studying at GCSE and A Level, I found that an inductive style of teaching worked best, presenting the student with the necessary tools and allowing them to reach their own conclusions from them.
I am a 19 year oldstudent studying English literature at the University of York. I am also willing to teach History, having an A level (grade B) in that subject. I have experience in tutoring English lit at GCSE level, to younger boys at my secondary school. I have three A levels, ABB in English Lit, History, and philosophy and Ethics, and 9 GCSEs.
26 Bullers Green, Morpeth, Northumberland, NE61 1DF
• Newcastle School for Boys (2011-2017)
• University of York (BA English Literature) (2017-2020)
• 9 GCSEs at grades A-C, including an A in French
• 3 A levels grades A-B in English Literature, Philosophy and Ethics, and History
• Voluntary work in a school (Newcastle School for Boys) 2018. Worked both as a teacher to younger pupils and doing some admin work.
• Proficient in conversational French (to GCSE standard)
• Proficient in computer skills, able to work various Microsoft programmes, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint
• Competent in housekeeping skills, as I was responsible for the cleanliness of my room at university. Able to make beds, clean, cook large batches of meals for multiple people
• Good communication skills; both living in university, with multiple new people and playing a high standard of rugby have given me good personal skills, in communicating effectively, making friends, and solving problems
• Good budgeter: as a student, it is important to budget, and I am adept at working out a tight budget
• Good general/ historical knowledge. I pride myself on having a good general knowledge of European history and culture, which would be useful in working in a hostel when interacting with guests
• Spent 5 weeks travelling around Europe in 2017, giving me a good appreciation of hostels and how they operate
• Winner of school A level prize in both English Literature and Philosophy and Ethics (2017)
• Head of Ascham House 2016-2017
• Member of school 1st XV in rugby (2015-2017)
• Member of University of York Rugby Club
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£16||Not available|