I am an English Literature undergraduate at Cardiff University seeking to tutor students in English literature and language at GCSE and A Level standard. I am passionate about literature and seek to encourage students to find the joy of literature through my tutoring. I believe that every student is capable of achieving success at English and therefore teach to fit the individual and how they best learn. As a tutor, I am motivated to help every student achieve the best they can and encourage them to believe in their own potential.
I am currently a teaching assistant at Staffroom Education alongside my degree, and have been doing this for the past three months. I have experience working with children through this and also teaching a children's choir in Abercynon. I enjoy teaching and sharing my own knowledge, and I once taught a journalism workshop at a UK summer camp for an hour session.
13 Cross Street, Rhymney, Tredegar, NP22 5ND
T: 01(concealed information)
M: 07(concealed information)
E: (concealed information)
Community focused English Literature undergraduate student seeking teaching experience with a range of volunteering experience in people-focused roles. Strong time management skills due to balancing a part-time job at KFC, studies and volunteering positions. Enthusiastic to advance in a career and to help others.
• Problem solving and numeracy skills to a decent standard as a result of till work in KFC.
• Able to work under pressure due to challenging work environments in KFC and essay deadlines in degree.
• Enthusiastic and confident in front of an audience resulting from years of experience in the entertainment industry.
• Enhanced verbal and written communicative skills as a result of a literature degree, BTEC in Performing Arts and experience as a singer and children’s entertainer.
• IT literate with using Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Publisher.
• Proficient in dealing with difficult people due to working in KFC, leading children’s choir and working with special needs schools for a short amount of time.
• Time management.
• Excellent research and analytical skills from studying English Literature degree.
• English Literature (BA).
• Languages For All – French.
Rhymney Comprehensive School (2014-2016)
• English – A, Religious Studies – A*, Performing Arts – Distinction*
Rhymney Comprehensive School (2009 - 2014)
• 9 GCSEs including Maths (C), English (A) and Science (B).
Stephens & George Centenary Charitable Trust (Volunteering position)
June 2016 – September 2016
• Journalist in the charity’s free magazine ‘What’s Occurin’.
• Participated in 2016 in the charity’s summer camp - worked with young children participating in numerous activities, including day trips to Cardiff Museum.
• Ran a journalism workshop teaching the children to write their own articles.
• Entrusted with the care of select groups of children during day trips and group activities.
Emerald Academy of Performing Arts (Singing Teacher)
April 2016 – July 2017
• Taught singing to children aged 5-13
• Communication skills – motivating the children to sing and perform.
• Prepared lessons and material for the children to perform.
• Created games and vocal warmups to energise and encourage the children to sing.
• Co-ordinated movements for the children to perform on stage.
Aberarts Wales (Volunteer Charity Worker)
September 2015- September 2016)
• Performed as a singer in various charity events.
• Wrote songs with school children
• Accompanied children on trips such as to perform in the Wales Millenium Centre.
• Participated in music workshops with children with special needs.
• Motivated members of the public to be more involved with the arts and music industry through performance and advertising campaigns through social media.
Cath Mascot’s Balloons
June 2014 – July 2015
• Children’s entertainer for parties and events.
• Performed as a Disney character for children’s entertainment.
• Participated in party dances with the children both as myself and as a mascot, interacting with the children under the guise of the character, sang to an audience with them.
• Worked as part of a team with colleagues.
• Entrusted with the children’s care during the parties and Christmas visits.
• Participated in basic party activities with the children such as selling sweets and face painting.
KFC (Merthyr Tydfil)
April 2016 – Present.
• Customer service – providing customers with high quality products and ensuring utmost satisfaction, Teamwork skills, Organisational skills, Time Management.
• Working with difficult customers under pressure on the till and Drive Thru.
• Ensuring the restaurant is to impeccable standard as a Lobby Host.
Merthyr Tydfil Central Library (Year 10 Work Experience)
June 24th – 28th 2013
• Organised the bookshelves numerically and alphabetically
• Undertook administrative work such as sending late slips for books.
• Delivered books to the elderly
INTERESTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Certified grade 8 singer in musical theatre examinations at the London College of Music.
• Won 3 competitions, placed 2nd in 2.
• Enjoy running own Wordpress blog as a hobby.
• Interested in psychology which is often integrated into essays.
• Enjoy analysing books.
• Love to perform, especially musical theatre. Previously a member of the school choir.
• Love to create things such as through writing, drawing and song writing.
References are available on request.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£90||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£150|