I adapt my teaching methods and lesson structures depending on each student as my aim is to encourage students to thoroughly enjoy the topics they are studying as well as this has results in more effective learning. Depending on the age and level of the student, I often use literacy games which are particularly effective for improving the student's spelling and grammar. I also encourage students to read outside of these lessons and offer reading suggestions that I believe will benefit their abilities. I structure my lessons so that they are very interactive, I discuss topics and ideas with students to make sure they are engaging with the material throughout the entirety of the lesson. Depending on the student lessons can be structured around worksheets and activities or they can act as a seminar in which students are able to engage in discussions and debates surrounding literary and linguistic topics.My sessions provide a space for students of all abilities and ages to learn in a way that best suits them, allowing them to take the lead in their education.
I am an English student who has been providing English lessons for two years. I have a range of tutoring experience, with students of all ages and levels. I have worked with primary school children, improving their literacy skills. These lessons have covered grammar and spelling but also creative and descriptive writing as well as speaking exercises. I have also worked with many adult students, mainly refugees and asylum seekers, who are studying English as a second language. I have helped many of these students study for and succssefully pass their GCSE and IELT exams. Many of these students are in the process of applying for university with my help as I am guiding them through the application process and proofreading their personal statements.
- I am in my third year of my BA English Literature and Language degree at the University of Nottingham.
- I am studying for my TEFL qualification and hope to start teaching English abroad in September.
- I took part in a literacy support project, assisting children in years 7, 8 and 9 in their English classes.
- I am a committee member for the university's STAR (Student Action for Refugees) society which provides English classes for refugees and asylum seekers in the city. I have been involved in running a UCAS application day, helping to provide information on the university application day and proofreading personal statements. This role also involved teaching and marking work for those studying for their GCSE exams and their IELT exams.
- I currently tutor English for three year 4 pupils.
- I have a passion for languages - I studied Russian language as a module at university and am taking both Russian and Spanish online courses.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|