My teaching methods vary depending on the way the student best retains the information. I usually encourage mindmaps and organised note-taking as well as providing thorough explanations and discussions to help break down theories and ideas. If there is a specific method that works for you, I am happy to explore it to ensure you receive the best possible results.
I am currently studying for my BA English Degree and I specialise in the study of literature. I am able to provide tuition for GCSE [lang] and A-level literature as well as a basic level for Drama and Theatre studies for both GCSE and A-levels. I have experience in tutoring large groups for GCSE Drama and Theatre studies as well as private 1:1 tuition for KS1/2 Maths and English.
I am an organised, hard-working, punctual individual who is easily adaptable to her environment. I am able to learn new skills and perform at a professional level in all situations. Being open-minded allows me to present new ideas and quickly find solutions to difficult situations.
2019-present Virtual College (City & Guilds)
Level 2 –Food Safety and Hygiene for Catering: Pass
2018-2019 Coventry University BA (Hons) English (1st Year: First)
Relevant modules include: Periods in Literature and Language, Discourse and Digital Media, Approaches to Literature, Language Architecture and Law-in-Action: knowledge and res skills for non-lawyers
2016-2018 Harlington School
A-Levels: Film Studies (B), Drama and Theatre Studies (B), English Literature (C)
2011-2016 Harlington School
10 GCSE’s A*-C including Maths and English
2019-present Quadratica (UK) Limited
General Security Awareness Training Final Assessment: Pass
5-Year Basic DBS Checked
Ofsted DBS Checked
2014 Harlington School
Functional Skills Level 2: PASS
2014 Westwood Training: Harlington School
Stage 3 Leadership Course
2014 Arts Award: Harlington School
Arts Award: Bronze Level 1 Award in the Arts
• Film and Photography Editing (Adobe software)
• Proficient in using all Microsoft software and blogging platforms (WordPress)
• Communication: fluent in 3 languages (Hindi, Punjabi and English)
• Certified Leadership Skills
• Confident with any form of public speaking and presenting
• Analytical skills
• Good time management leading to good organisation skills and the ability to prioritise workload
May 2019-present: Synergy Promotions Ltd, London Heathrow Airport
Currently employed as a promotional sales consultant with an agency situated in Heathrow Airport’s World Duty free store. My role involves:
• Awareness of the airside security protocol for both passenger and staff safety
• Regular interaction with customers when promoting products, improving my overall communication skills. I am expected to
• Product sampling, both perfume and alcohol products, requiring me to work behind live bars and have knowledge of the different products on sale.
• Trained to use main tills, handling transactions and money in various currencies.
• This position has enhanced my knowledge regarding sale techniques, working under pressure, aviation security and has developed my customer service and communication skills
July 2016-present: ChopraChildminding, London
Being DBS checked, I currently volunteer doing irregular shifts as an Early Years assistant at a childminders. I lead activities such as music time; arts and crafts and I help with the lunchtime set up and clear up. I have frequent contact with parents and young children and from this I have improved my patience and communication skills particularly when explaining tasks to the children.
July-September 2015: Botwell Green Library
During the summer, I worked as a volunteer for the summer reading challenge at my local library. My daily tasks included promoting new challenges and signing members of the public up to the programme. I assisted various activities including, afternoon reading sessions, petting animals from local sanctuary and a variety of arts and crafts activities. Other tasks included restocking the bookshelf, managing deliveries, working with the public, using a specialised system and the cash register.
July 2016 National Citizen Service
Summer vacation work as a volunteer for the ‘The Challenge’ a charity organisation based on social integration. During these three weeks I developed skills such as:
• Communication through community outreach, specifically at elderly homes and with CGL
• Teamwork and Leadership skills through managing the voluntary team when working with CGL
• Marketing CGL’s organisation with a pop-up stand and developing social media pages
• Financial management of a budget used for our marketing days
• Pitch presentation and public speaking skills to a panel
• Performer in Coventry University’s ‘Musical Theatre Society’ (dancer, singer and actor)
• Student Debate Team member (2016)
• Sixth Form Student Leadership team 2017/2018 (event planning, hosting, organising fundraisers)
• Script writing, photography shooting and editing short films and media projects
• Trained in Karate/MMA at ‘S.I.M.A.C Mixed Martial Arts’ School (2013-2018)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest test prep lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking poetry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||£70||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||£130||Not available||£150|