Teaching for me is a lifelong learning process which will remain with me for the rest of my life. Through teaching a teacher also grows as I have. Teaching has taught me how to use different strategies to suit the individual student, how all students have different needs, goals, and aspirations.
Teaching requires a passion to share and acquire further knowledge, a commitment from the teacher to not to give up on her/his students but to support each student as required. As a teacher, I am not the institution lead but I am the leader for my class and it is of most importance for me to be an excellent role model for my students, as I represent the education system and the importance of acquiring knowledge, understanding and lifelong learning.
I am an ESOL teacher who has been working within the education field for many years starting off as an early years practitioner. I have graduated to Masters Level and completed my PGDip with teaching ESOL as my specialism. Whilst working as an ESOL teacher I have been fortunate enough to teach in the UK and in the Middle East in different colleges and universities with a pass rate of 86.6%. I hold a vast amount of experience in all four key areas and hold great passion for motivating others and ensuring the job is done at an exceptional level.
All lessons are £20p/h, however, I do offer a price reduction if I have a small group, this is discussed with the group at the point of interest.
Students should take note:
If students cancel a lesson in short notice (within 48hours of session starting time) or do not turn up they will be invoiced for the full hour/session.
email/skype: (concealed information)
Adult Educator/ Lecturer, ESL Teacher, Early Years Consultant
20/08/2017 to August 2018 International College
Foundation English Teacher
• Planning, preparing for the delivery of PET and KET to ESL students.
• Develop a scheme of work following the ESOL curriculum used to suit Cambridge PET and KET exams.
• Devise and implement weekly exam style tests.
• Create resources to support all key areas: Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening Skills, such as
online videos, tests, pictures, online audio material and creating scenarios for students to complete
• Assessments carried out each day to ensure progression and better student achievements.
• Draft up new ILPs, update and complete ILPs for each student.
• Update attendance records for each student, meeting with and discussing attendance levels and
agreeing to a resolution when students have below 80% attendance.
• Marking of exams: Midterm and weekly.
• Examiner and Interlocutor for PET and KET Speaking tests.
• Ability to make decisions when short staffed, such as taking control of the situation and taking
different classes, extra classes, mixing classes up, leading a team to ensure teaching or learning is not
• A highly engaging manner to communicate, motivate and understand all students and staff
regardless of age, ethnicity or ability.
28/09/2016 to 05/2017 International University
ESL Lecturer PYP year
• Planning, preparing and implementing teaching for the PYP students, take into account the students’
needs and requirements.
• Follow the guidelines set by the university and use the skills books to support teaching and delivery.
• Use different teaching strategies and technology.
• To further support my teaching strategies, I designed my own worksheets which met learner needs.
• Conduct midterm exams, then marking the exams following the Rubrics guidance and uploading on
• Other duties included attending weekly team meetings, leading team meetings such as the classroom
management training for all staff. Conduct a Basic Business for ESOL student’s course and an extra
support class for learners who were in need of extra support.
01/09/2014 to 21/09/2016 Safety First Community Training Centre Bradford
ESOL/Functional Skills Teacher/Trainer
• Teaching ESOL/Functional Skills to post-compulsory age students.
• Devise an interest list for ESOL/Functional Skills and establishing how the learner will be funded.
• Plan and prepare resources for each session and deliver.
• Training new teachers or professionals studying to become teachers.
• Supporting the manager in designing a scheme of work.
• Create an ILP for each learner, update and complete each semester.
• Carry out weekly, termly and yearly assessments which help me identify at what stage my learners
have got to and what more I can do to support my learners.
• Provide an environment that is welcoming, inclusive and inspiring.
01/12/2014 to 03/2018 Self-Employed Leeds/Bradford
ESOL Freelance Teacher/ Trainer
Support students with preparing for IELTS exams.
• Planning, Preparing and implementing strategies to enhance learners' knowledge, skills and
understanding of the English Language, ensuring I cover all four key skills (Speaking, Listening,
Reading and Writing).
01/02/2013 to 08/2016 Children’s Services, Bradford Council Bradford
Family Support/ Early years’ and adult educator.
30/04/2012 to 11/01/2013 Leeds City College Leeds
Early Years and Adult Education
02/05/2011 to 27/04/2012 Lees Pre-School Keighley
Pre-School Manager and Early Years Advisor
01/11/2010 to 30/10/2011 Tree Tops Children’s Centre Keighley
Family Support and Adult Education
09/2014 TO 08/2016 Bradford College Bradford
Level 7 (Masters Level)
PGDip Education and Training with Teaching ESOL/Literacy L7
09/2013 TO 05/2014 Leeds Metropolitan University Leeds
BA (Hons) Childhood in the 2.2
05/2014 to 07/2014 Shipley College Shipley
Talk English Teaching ESOL Pass
02/2013 to 06/2013 Bradford College Bradford
PTLLS Level 4 Pass
06/2011 to 07/2011 Learn Direct Burley and Wharf-dale
Adult Literacy Level 2 Pass
09/1985 to 07/1989 Slough & Eton Secondary School Slough
7 GCSE’s Pass
Excellent! Friendly,anticipate,patient,planning ahead
A very keen student, happy to do extra if we go over our time, has never cancelled and is very ambitious. Lovely teaching Wanwisa.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|