I can teach English Language, Literature or Creative Writing at any level: I have experience with complete beginners and advanced adults! I can also teach Maths, History or Geography to A level standard. I teach with a sense of humour and encourage creative learning, but understand the importance of teaching to a mark scheme. Lessons typically begin with a brief starter challenge, then involve 2-3 exercises and a game to wrap up.
I have taught English in Italy, China, South Africa and the UK for the past 4 years. I have taught students of all ages and all abilities; I have experience teaching individuals as well as classes of up to 50 students. Before teaching I studied English and Creative Writing at the University of Warwick, and graduated with a First Class BA.
My flat rate for travelling short distances is £5, just to cover petrol. If I'm travelling a little further, this may slightly increase.
10/06/19 – 22/02/20
English Teacher and Activity Leader - Joan’s British Centre, Verbania, Italy.
• As the primary teacher for the British Centre of Verbania, my role is to create and convey a cohesive English curriculum tailored to the needs of the individuals and groups who I teach.
• During the summer camp I was responsible for one of the classes, and specialised in creative and active ways to make learning English as enjoyable as possible.
• Sadly I was forced to leave Italy in the wake of the COVID-19 epidemic.
28/02/18 - 30/08/18
Kids and Teens EFL Teacher - English First, Shanghai, China.
• English First are the largest EFL provider in China. At EF I taught English to children between the ages of 3 and 18.
• While there I received excellent feedback from parents and students. I achieved 100% Net Promoter Scores (a measure of parent satisfaction) in all my observed lessons.
• I also volunteered to teach additional Adult Classes, Speech and Presentation courses, and specialist Life Clubs.
22/07/16 – 04/09/16:
Volunteer English Teacher, Eqinisweni Secondary School, Johannesburg, South Africa.
• For six weeks, I taught six regular classes of up to 55 students between the ages of 11 and 22. As well as my contracted English lessons, I taught History, Music and Maths.
Volunteer Writing Assistant, Writing West Midlands, Rugby, Coventry.
• This course aimed to teach writing skills to 30 children between the ages of 12 and 18. I began as a teaching assistant but soon taught my own classes.
Warwick University, 2014-2017
BA English Literature and Creative Writing, First Class Honours.
Farnborough Sixth Form College, 2012-2014
A2 English Literature, A*
A2 Mathematics, A*
A2 Geography, A
A2 General Studies, A
AS Chemistry, B
Extended Project, A*
Tomlinscote Secondary School, 2007-2012
AS Religious Studies, A
AS Mathematics, A
GCSE English Literature, A*
GCSE English Language, A*
GCSE Mathematics, A*
GCSE Biology, A*
GCSE Chemistry, A*
GCSE Physics, A*
GCSE Geography, A*
GCSE Citizenship, A*
GCSE Religious Studies, A*
GCSE Japanese, B
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest english literature lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£17||£10|