I believe the pupil is the most important person in the classroom, their development is paramount. Whether the goal is to improve on just grammar, pronunciation, or vocabulary, or a combination of all three for a particular exam, I guarantee he/she will learn in a fun, safe and encouraging environment. I’m extremely personable, and I've worked successfully with children of all ages, so I'm able to adapt the teaching style swiftly to suit the pupil’s learning preference. I like to employ audio visual tools as part of the learning journey - in addition to following a textbook, I consider listening and studying topical songs, or watching short films / advertising campaigns helps to demonstrate the use of the language in a day to day situation, and makes it more memorable, not to mention offering a valuable insight into the Hispanic culture. I commit to offering engaging ways to advance my pupil’s understanding of the Spanish language, both to meet exam requirements and to nurture a growing confidence in their ability to converse in Spanish.
I have a huge passion for Spanish, the language, food and indeed the Hispanic arts. I studied Spanish, Portuguese & Latin American Studies at the University of Manchester, completing in 2012 with a distinction in my final oral exam.
Prior to university I spent my gap year in Madrid working as an au-pair, teaching English for ten months. I also volunteered at the local nursery in La Moraleja, Madrid to immerse myself in the language. My third year of university I spent at Universidad Miguel de Cervantes, Valladolid, completing the Erasmus programe.
I left in 2011 fluent, and I recently finished a three month course at Instituto Cervantes, London, taking evening classes each Wednesday to get the C1 exam, to prepare me for my move back to Madrid in May 18.
I’m an energetic, results driven and commercial individual, offering experience in product and proposition development from the UK’s fastest growing and first "quad-play" telecommunications company, Virgin Media (Liberty Global plc). I seek to combine my bilingual communication skills (in English and Spanish) with commercial acumen. My key strengths involve building and maintaining relationships, speed to grasp urgency, injecting pace and ensuring customer centricity is front of mind, also creating a joyous and constructive team environment.
I also enjoy tutoring part time, I teach English as a foreign language and GCSE level Spanish.
Languages: English (native), Spanish (fluent) and Portuguese (business proficient)
Gabbitas Education, London: Private Tutor, GCSE Spanish [Feb 2018 – present]
Skills and responsibilities:
• Prepare students for GCSE syllabus, increasing their confidence across all four skills (spoken, written, reading and listening)
Virgin Media, London: Commercial Manager, Acquisition Planning and Performance [Feb 2016 – present]
Skills and responsibilities:
• Business development through full channel launch and ownership of the ‘gift with purchase’ overlay solution, negotiating new opportunities to maximize sales volume and return on investment whilst nurturing the relationships with the third party fulfilment companies
• Proposition development with ownership of ‘Advocacy’ propositions: existing customer referral program, Virgin Media employee offer, staff friends and family, and Virgin Group employee offer
• Channel management through weekly performance tracking for the Indirect and Retail sales channels (totalling 20% of Virgin Media’s cable new customer sales volume), implementing bespoke propositions through business casing and budget management
• increased acquisition volume and value in Indirect sales, driving £5M net revenue benefit from 10 months of activity
• doubled the friends and family offer volume since Q1 2016, driving additional £2.6M net revenue benefit p.a
• launched the gift overlay solution for new customer sales, which increased prospect call demand by up to 20%
• gained skills in crisis management, twice winning ‘Commercial Superstar’ award for implementing contingency action plans
Virgin Media, London: Commercial Executive, Commercial Performance [Jan 2014 – Jan 2016]
Skills and responsibilities:
• Process improvement through ownership of proposition idea documentation and coordination with Delivery team to ensure correct translation of Commercial requests into technical requirements
• Devised test and learn plan for broadband ‘usage allowance’ product (also known as ‘capped broadband’)
• Author of front line sales offer briefings and Virgin Media cable pricing manual
• led the improvements and automation of the Delivery team’s briefing process, thus reducing go to market lead time significantly
• initiated Virgin Media’s ‘gift with purchase’ overlay activity, driving RFP process to identify the best third party partners, devised end to end customer fulfilment process
• presented learnings from in-market tests on broadband ‘usage allowance’ to leadership team to inform future broadband strategy and budgeting process
Virgin Media, London: Strategy Graduate, Digital Entertainment [Oct 2012 – Dec 2013]
• Front line engagement - key speaker for internal roadshows across six Virgin Media call centres launching Virgin TV Anywhere (on-the-go pay TV product available on Android and iOS)
• Supported weekly Cable TV performance update for Director of Digital Entertainment, providing market context and analysis of customer viewing habits (also feeding into TV channel content renegotiations and re-tiering activity)
• Launched front line sales agent competition supporting BT Sport channel launch on Virgin Media cable TV platform; increasing sales agent and customer engagement of the channel
i2i Events Group, Emap, London: Digital Marketing Assistant (intern) [Jul 2012 – Oct 2012]
• Assisted with preparation and launch of The Energy Event and The Renewables Event 2012 at NEC Arena, Birmingham: supported on web design, social media management, SEO tagging, copywriting for websites, tracking and analysis of online engagement
Education and Qualifications
University of Manchester, UK [Sep 2008 – Jun 2012]
BA (Hons) Spanish, Portuguese and Latin American Studies (2:1): distinction in spoken Spanish
• Universidad Europea Miguel de Cervantes, Valladolid: Erasmus Programme (10 months)
• Oficina de Português, Porto: Intensive Portuguese Language and Culture Course (3 months)
Benenden School, Kent, UK [Sept 2005 – Jul 2007]
• A-Levels: English Literature and Language (A), Drama and Theatre Studies (A), Spanish (C)
New Hall School, Essex, UK [Sep 2003 – Jul 2005]
• 10 GCSEs: 2 A*’s, 7a’s, 1 B
Part Time Courses and Interests
TEFLGraduate.com [Mar 2018 – Sep 2018]
150 Hour TEFL course – Master Certificate Course
Movistar Medio Maratón, Madrid, Spain [Apr 2018]
Instituto Cervantes, London, UK [Jan 2018 – Mar 2018]
Curso de Español, C1.3 Superior 3 (30 h)
Royal Parks Half Marathon, London, UK [Oct 2017]
The Language Crew, London, UK [Jan 2017 – Mar 2017]
Italian Complete Beginner (10 h)
Quest Professional, London, UK [Apr 2008 – May 2008]
Business Training and Secretarial Course
Running, Swimming, Cycling, Yoga, Boxing, Cooking, Film, Travel, Volunteering (CARIS Islington Cold Weather Shelter)
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - spanish lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£150|