The starting abilities of my students have ranged from complete beginner to intermediate/advanced. This experience, in combination with my exposure to teaching larger groups, means that I am able to effectively cater to all levels and learner types. Each student is an individual & therefore I am sure to understand their goals and motivations before creating a tailored plan for us. I am also a firm believer in encouraging the student to become comfortable expressing themselves & making mistakes from day one.
I am an MSc graduate with one year's professional experience in Munich, Germany, where I used my fluent spoken and written German on complex engineering projects. Since then, I have used my expertise to tutor groups as a volunteer as well as a handful of students privately. I believe that, having mastered the language myself, I am particularly well positioned to both guide and inspire others who wish to do the same.
German Tutor | Self Employed Sept 2019 – Present
• Tutored German one-on-one to beginner twice a week over Zoom.
• Created tailored lesson plans and built on existing learning resources.
Engineering Consultant | Asite Solutions Jan 2021 – Present
• Preparing to implement new German clients as the consultancy expands into European market.
German Tutor | Self Employed Oct 2019 – Dec 2019
• Tutored professional level German in person weekly to an adult who was shortly relocating to Frankfurt for their job.
• Focused on formal writing skills and reading intermediate texts.
Volunteer German Tutor | University of Bristol Sept 2019 – Feb 2020
• Volunteer in university program.
• Taught German to groups of students at a variety of levels.
• Learnt to effectively cater to all levels and learner types.
• Focused on speaking/conversation skills.
Architectural Assistant | Koch & Schiebel mbH Aug 2018 - Feb 2019
• Liaised with engineers in German
• Responded to telephone requests for information in German.
MSc Operations Management | Distinction 2019 - 2020
University of Bristol
• 91% in thesis research on manufacturing “Industrie 4.0” in Germany
2018 - 2019
Axioma Sprachakademie und Lektorat
BArch (Hons) Architecture | 2:1 2015 - 2018
University of Nottingham
A-Levels | A*A*A
2013 - 2015
Telc Deutsch | Council of Europe | C1 speaking, B2 reading/writing Aug 2019
• Academic proficiency (speaking)
• Professional proficiency (reading/writing)
I met George when I was studying in England as a German exchange student for a year. Since I was first introduced to him, I have been impressed with his fluency in German and how good his pronunciation is. George is passionate about everything he sets his mind to and this also shows in his German proficiency. George and I have been tutoring each other for more than a year now; each teaching his mother tongue to the other. Thus, though I only know George as an English tutor, I am convinced that George does a great job teaching German too; firstly, due to his excellent knowledge of the German language and secondly because he went through learning German himself, hence understanding what really matters when learning German as a second language.
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - german lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|