I specialise in General English but also taught B2 certificates. I am also familiar with other test typologies like TOEFL, IELTS, and Cambridge Exams. I taught students from beginners to advanced students.
My teaching approach is very dynamic and centred around the student. I believe that this is the key for successful tutoring/teaching. My classes aim to maximise the student's use of the language and strive to be interactive and useful but also interesting and stimulating. The main objective is that the student will leave the lesson feeling confident and ready to use what has been learnt in any context they feel it applies.
I am specialised in teaching grammar and vocabulary but also receptive (reading and listening) and productive (writing and speaking) skills through an approach that relies on contemporary and real materials including videos, news article, magazine pieces.
I am a certified EFL Teacher and gained my CELTA certificate from Basil Paterson College in Edinburgh in 2015. My other qualifications include an MSc in Modern and Contemporary Literature and a BA in English and French. I have a variety of experience in teaching English to speakers of other languages and taught to students from all around the world and of different ages. I specialise in General English but also taught B2 certificates. I am also familiar with other test typologies like TOEFL, IELTS, and Cambridge Exams. I taught students from beginners to advanced students.
I teach individual students and small classrooms. I have experience in working in different educational contexts, from summer schools, to English language schools, miny stays, private 1:1 lessons and tutoring.
Please cancel your class 24 hours before it is scheduled if you can no longer attend.
October 2019 – April 2020
Master in Specialised Translation, SSIT Pescara, Italy
• Master in Specialised Translation
• Language combinations: EN>IT and IT>EN
• Specialised in legal translation, translation for the web and translation for the tourism industry
• Command of SDL Trados
September 2016 – August 2017
MSc Literature and Modernity: 1900 to the present, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
• Full time Taught master’s in modern and contemporary English Literature
• Developed strong critical thinking and communication skills, both written and oral through writing long essays
• Acquired strong managing and organisational skills due to the consistent workload of studying at a postgraduate level
• Excellent command of Internet, Email service and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) gained through constant use of these programmes as part of my degree
Laurea Triennale (Bachelor’s Degree) in Foreign Languages and Literatures: English and French
University of Bologna, Italy
• Graduated in November 2015
• Overall mark: 110L/110 (full marks with honours)
• Erasmus exchange at The University of Edinburgh during the academic year 2014-2015
PROFESSIONAL AND VOLUNTARY EXPERIENCE
January 2017 – Present
Freelance Copyeditor, Project Myopia, Online Platform
Copyeditor for Project Myopia, a student-led initiative at the University of Edinburgh aiming to diversify university curricula and highlight artistic and cultural production by under-represented individuals.
• Editing articles about literature, cinema, music and art written by contributors concerning form, style and formatting of the text.
• Returning edited articles in a timely manner and adhering to deadlines.
• Providing feedback to writers.
November 2019 – April 2020
Accommodation Experience Specialist, BSC, London, UK
Accommodation Experience Specialist for British Study Centres (BSC) within the Admissions and Accommodation Department.
• Managed accommodation within the Accommodation team across five schools, dealing with enquiries, complaints.
• Offered advice and guidance on the most fitting type of accommodation for each student to both colleagues and agents.
• Entertained positive business relationships with external providers and partners as well as colleagues in other schools.
• Updated BSC's CMR system (Schoolworks/Salesforce) and company's records to reflect changes and updates in students’ statuses, accommodation options and prices.
• Created bi-weekly reports on accommodation availability, students' numbers, arrivals and departures.
July 2019 – July 2019
EFL Tutor, Plus Education, Edinburgh, UK
Teacher of English as Foreign Language during the summer period with Plus Education to young learners aged 11-17 in mixed-nationalities classes from A1 to C1 level.
• Focused classes on communicative and interactive tasks aimed at expanding students' vocabulary and strengthening their communication skills as well as on revision of grammar structures and rules.
• Introduced culture-based classes on Scotland and the UK to match the activities programme
• Decided and prepared the weekly syllabus for the classes
• Cooperated with fellow teachers to establish classes' plans and teaching aims
• Punctually compiled admin work related to the classes (records of work, learning aims, students' leaving certificates and feedback).
September 2018 – April 2019
Main Library Assistant, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, UK
Library Assistant at the Main Library of the University of Edinburgh. In this position, I welcomed visitors and students and acted as the first point of reference for visitors to the library.
• Helped students with general enquiries about the library and offered guidance on the University's services.
• Offered assistance to new students in getting started with using the library services.
• Organised and led library tours for both students and the general public.
• Managed information stall about library services and provided support to new students.
• Communicated with other offices and teams in the library.
June 2018 – July 2018
EFL Teacher, Eurocentres Language Schools, Brighton, UK
Teacher of English as a foreign language during the summer month to adult students from A1 to C1 levels.
• Taught general English classes with a focus on both receptive and productive skills as well as grammar and vocabulary.
• Taught practical English classes at beginner and lower intermediate levels focused on enabling students to gain the necessary vocabulary, language and structures to be used in daily interactions and documents.
• Graded and evaluated students’ performance with both progress tests and final leaving tests.
• Held one-on-one students’ meetings to check on students' progress, experience in the school and their learning needs, recommended appropriate resources or activities.
February 2018 – May 2018
EFL Teacher and Activity Leader, Oscars International, Edinburgh, UK
Teacher of English as a foreign language and activity leader to young learners of different nationalities aged 10-17.
• Planned and prepared a syllabus for classes, teaching materials and learning outcomes
• Prepared original material for classes focused on the practice of both receptive and productive skills as well as grammar points
• Introduced an interactive approach to the classes aimed at maximising student involvement in the classroom.
• Organised and managed afternoon and evening activities including off-campus excursions and on-campus activities
• Held preparatory classes for the B2 Cambridge Exam
September 2016 – May 2017
Volunteer at The Advice Place, Edinburgh Student Association, Edinburgh, UK
Students' Adviser at The Advice Place within the Edinburgh University Students' Association. In this position, I helped students with a variety of enquiries and offered a point of reference during their studies at the University of Edinburgh.
• Offered support with matters such as accommodation, financial problems, settling in the city, academic issues, personal problems, health.
• Engaged with outreach activities linked to students' welfare, including campaigns about housing, exam preparation, safe sex and promoting the role of the Advice Place around campus.
• Developed strong interpersonal skills through constant communication with students and university services.
• Wrote articles for the Advice Place website on a variety of topics related to student life.
June 2016 – June 2016
EFL Teacher, 4You Learning, Modena, Italy
Teacher of English as a Foreign Language to adult students at lower-intermediate and intermediate level at Neotron.
• Taught General English with a focus on speaking, fluency and accuracy
• Students practised their speaking skills in topic-based conversations aimed at improving their spoken English.
February 2016 – April 2016
EFL Teacher, Kaplan International English, Cambridge, UK
Teacher of English as a Foreign Language to both young learners and adult students from different nationalities and from A1 to C2 levels.
• Used and adapted material from school booklets, English language books and personal material
• Adopted an Interactive and varied approach to teaching aimed at developing students' skills (both receptive and productive), grammar and vocabulary as well as confidence with the use of the English language.
• Attended regular CDP meetings
• Compiled students' leaving certificates and provided students with regular feedback.
• Mother tongue Italian
• Native level of English (IELTS: 8.0; TOEFL IBT: 110/120)
• Fluent in French
• Beginner level in Spanish
• G-Suite, Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Micrsoft365, CMR systems (Schoolworks/Salesforce), iOS, Windows.
• Student support
• Administrative support
• Learning Material design and creation
• Syllabus creation
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest esol (english) lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|