Learning should be exciting! It is exciting: it opens a world of opportunities! I always embed my teaching in a meaningful context: a high quality book, a problem to solve that links to interests. I'm a huge advocate of mastery: that means that children should really understand why they are doing what they are doing, no matter the subject: how did they get to the answer? This makes a really stable foundation. I'm incredibly enthusiastic because I believe that acting as a role model for how invigorating learning is, creates learners for life, not just for a test.
I am a qualified Primary Class Teacher with two years of experience in the primary classroom, both as a supply teacher and a class teacher of Year 4 and Year 5. I was English Subject lead and Nuerodiversity mentor in my previous school, and I still practise as a supply teacher. Masters Language and Linguistics student in September 2021. I can tutor your child in any Primary subject, or I can tutor in English up to A-Level age.
Community Primary School | Class Teacher| 01/2020 – 04/2021
In the academic year 20-21, I was the Year 4 Class Teacher from 01/21, also the Co-English subject lead and a voluntary neurodiversity mentor. I taught Year 5 from 01/20 – 07/20.
My duties included:
- Planning and teaching in line with the Primary National Curriculum to engage, motivate and progress students.
- Planning and coordinating interventions for myself and my teaching assistant to perform, including phonics, comprehension, mathematical and social skills.
- Ensuring the social and emotional wellbeing of pupils in my class and safeguarding pupils.
- Participation in meetings with parents and colleagues to communicate and progress student progress and wellbeing.
- Covid-19 related: creating online learning lessons (slides and videos), video calls with pupils and parents alongside online live marking, whilst teaching key worker and vulnerable Year 4 pupils in school. In 2019, this was a mixed age group and I conducted phonics interventions.
- Co-English lead objectives for the year will included: assisting to select and implement a new spelling scheme; ensuring a love of reading across the school; giving suggestions and helping to create the year’s action plan for improvement, with objectives in school-wide moderation termly and a guided reading restructure for cohesion across the school.
- Attended CLASS Autism service meetings once a month to feedback school developments and gain advice and objectives to pass onto colleagues.
| Supply Teacher 06/2019– 01/2020
Teaching across the primary age range in schools across East Sussex, using plans left or pre-made plans for each year group. In this time, I taught all primary age groups. I also spent a few days as a 1:1 Teaching Assistant for children with special educational needs.
2015- 2018 | University of Brighton| BA (Hons) Primary Education (5-11) with QTS | First Class
Subject Study: English (Language, Thought and Learning; Children’s Literature; Language and How We Use It).
Core subjects: English, Mathematics, Science, Education Studies and Foundation Subjects (History, Geography, Design Technology, Modern Foreign Languages, Music, PE).
Final Project: Closing the gap for disadvantaged learners from low socioeconomic backgrounds: an exploration of barriers to achievement and how they can be overcome in the Primary Classroom.
School Based Training Placements
Primary | 11/17 – 03/18 | Full Time - Year 3
Primary | 01/17 – 03/17 | Full Time - Year 1
Primary School | 02/16 - 05/16 |Part Time to Full Time – Year 6
A Levels | 2014 | Strode College, Street.
English Literature (A), Sociology (A*), Film Studies (A*), Extended Project: Dyslexia in Primary (B)
GCSEs: 9 graded A-C, including English (B,B), Mathematics (C) and Biology (C).
Nursery| 05/17-09/17 | Nursery Assistant (Summer Temporary)
Responsibilities: supervising children from 0-3, occasional planning and leading group activities, teaching early language in individual focus activities, attending to health and hygiene needs.
| 11/03/17 | Crèche Assistant
I worked with children aged 0-5 year for an evening, followed by babysitting a 4-year-old for 3 hours.
Responsibilities: communicating with and assisting children to encourage engagement with activities; easing distress due to being separated from parents; reading to them.
Tutoring| 29/10/16 - 20/12/16
I tutored a 7-year-old in English and Mathematics. This included: teaching reading, phonics and spelling using phonics, embedding this through writing in different formats; teaching times tables and relating this to multiplication and division. The parent and teacher remarked on her progress.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking phonetics lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|