I am a half French-half English student at the university of Bath giving french lessons for complete beginners up to university level. Having been educated in France since a young age, I know the most effective ways to progress when learning a new language. I have passed my french Baccalauréat so I can truly say that I am completely fluent and can give help with expression, vocabulary and compression, whether that be oral or written.
I have now been tutoring for 3 years, children as young as 3 up to adults of 77 years of age . I have taught English to french students with great success, one girl managed to raise her average from a C to an A, or for example another was told by her teacher to move up to the advanced section at her school. I also continue to work with British pensioners living in France, helping them to progress in the day to day life of the french culture, they are now confident enough to get by, by themselves. Therefore I can say that I have a lot of experience despite my age, and truly understand the key factors needed when starting to learn a new language, trying to improve it or even when attempting to perfect it.
I am a first-year International Management and German undergraduate student at the university of Bath, I enjoy working on my own initiative or in a team and am highly reliable. My upbringing has given me a strong sense of awareness about the world around me, and have a strong passion for languages and culture.
.Lycee Beaulieu Cognac (2013-2016)
-French Baccalaureat 2016:
English: 19 History/ Geography: 14 Philosophy : 11
French: 14 Maths : 15 Economics: 10
German : 15 Science : 13 Sport: 15
Spanish: 18 Presentation (TPE): 18
Mention Bien overall.
TPE (Travaux Personels Encadres): A very heavily weighted team presentation, in which I needed to use my initiative and contact different schools in several countries such as France, Peru, England, and America. The presentation had to be an in-depth analysis of the pressure that teenagers face to fit in to society and various social groups. It required patience in teamwork, communication and presentation skills and teamwork.
.College St Joseph Cognac ( 2009-3013)
-Brevet National des colleges 2013:
French : 15.5
History/ Geography : 14
Mention Bien overall.
Week long internships:
- Local Newspaper agency (Charente Libre)- 2013
I learnt first-hand from qualified journalists how to write an article fit for a newspaper, as well as how to narrow down to the most important questions during interviews. It helped me learn how to push doors and synthesise information.
- Local Osteopathy Clinic-2013
This internship opened up a whole new world of knowledge in patient care and insight into the medical industry, I helped manage appointments and learnt how to deal with all types of people.
- Supply Chain (Hennessy)-2014
Here I worked alongside professionals in the Marketing, Communications, and Management sector of the Enterprise, following the whole process products go through, from their manufacturing through to their positions on international supermarket shelves. I discovered the several stages needed in this process, which helped me gain an understanding of the everyday pressure and requirements of a multinational Business, such as communication, time management and dealing with demanding circumstances.
- Local travel agency-2014
This internship allowed me to play an active role in the business. I welcomed customers, answered the phone to them and took messages. A huge weight of responsibility was given to me here, as I was asked to ring up hotels and tour guide agencies abroad, as well as use my initiative and create marketing slogans and posters to put in the window. For this I needed to put forward the most lucrative deals, and use basic marketing skills required in advertising.
- Writing: I enjoy creative writing on a regular basis, inventing murder mysteries.
- Volunteering: I have participated in numerous cake sales, to raise funds for the needy as well as helped out at local autism charity events, something very close to my heart.
- Travelling: I love to travel and explore new cultures, meet new people, and broaden my horizons as I feel very passionate about understanding the world around me. Having travelled to Germany, Greece, France, Cuba and China has only nurtured my lust for travel.
- Sport: I like all different kinds of sport, and am always willing to try something new. Having done rock climbing to greek wrestling, I thrive on challenges and discovery.
- I can speak fluent French and English, as well as have a strong foundation in the German language and conversational skills in Spanish.
- Having been a carer most of my life, I have a strong understanding in dealing with stressful situations and responsibility.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£22|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£110|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£220|