In mathematics, I approach each topic by learning the rules and steps required in order to solve a certain problem. This is exactly what I would expect my student to be able to do as well; with the right guidance, this can be achieved.
1. Talk student through the topic and explain the concepts and rules needed to solve the problems at hand.
2. Show the student some examples and explain it to them.
3. I will set some questions for the student to answer independently and then mark them.
4. Provide feedback on each of the questions answers. If incorrect, I will inform the student about where they went wrong and how to solve the problem. in turn, I will provide similar examples to help iron out any errors made in the students' working.
5. Set some more examples so that they can be marked and feedback can be provided for the specific topic studied.
I will teach each topic in the order it is in the textbooks used by the student.
Previously, I was a volunteer tutor at my upper school between 2015 and 2017 where I ran the Mathematics Support Sessions for GCSE Student; this was done in a group of, on average, 6 people. It was here where I realised the pleasures of teaching and the fulfilment gained from seeing your students attaining great results. I still remember the thrill of seeing all my students achieving a grade 'B' or higher in their GCSE mock exams. I am currently in my second year of studying Mathematics with Actuarial Science at the University of Southampton.
CV - Bilaal Riaz
I am a hardworking and enthusiastic individual who ensures that the best service possible is delivered. I have excellent communication and listening skills and am able to work in a team dynamically and efficiently, showing I have the required attitude and aptitude to carry out this job.
Mathematics with Actuarial Science – University of Southampton (2017 – Present)
The Windsor Boys’ School - A-level:
• Mathematics – A
• Economics – B
• Business – B
The Windsor Boys’ School - GCSE:
9 A* to C including:
• Maths - A
• English Language - C
• Chemistry - A
• Physics - B
• Biology - C
• WH Smith (2013-2014) – I worked as a sales assistant at WH Smith for work experience. This provided me with the relevant knowledge and skills to work in retail. This allowed me to develop my communication skills and provide excellent customer service.
• Light for Life Charity (2015) – During the summer of 2015, I worked for the Light for Life Charity. This was very beneficial as it helped me develop my confidence when talking to customers and improve my communication skills.
• Bharani Medical Centre (2015- 2016) - This involves communicating with patients via face-to-face and telephone. Handling appointments, complaints and prescriptions were my main duty and the majority of the patients were pleased with my service. I worked here after attending school and during my holidays to develop my communication, customer service and organisation skills.
During my time at school, I was able to create and run the Mathematics Support Programme for the younger years of the school. In addition to this, I took part in many extracurricular activities; these include squash, football, cricket and the Politics, Philosophy and Economics Society, where I would regularly do presentation and talks on certain topics. This shows I am a confident and hardworking individual who strives to achieve the very best.
• Communication skills
• Customer Service skills
• Excellent IT Skills
• Decision making
• Time management
• Working well in a team
• Friendly and approachable
• Fluent in English and Urdu
• Willingness to learn and develop
• Organised with an ability to prioritise
• Efficient in learning and developing new skills
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£105||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£230||£150|