My teaching is one that is simple and not too complex for the student. I give lessons to GCSE students and start off by setting out aims of where we would like to be by the end of the sessions. I work through the spec for each subject, ensuring that everything is covered.
I am a student currently studying Geography at the university of Birmingham. I have been private tutoring since the age of 16, in several different subjects. I am on track to achieve a 2.1 in my degree and to graduate in 2020.
Cancellation policy - the usual lesson fee will apply if cancelled within 24 hours of the pre-arranged time slot
Ongoing Degree - BSc Geography, on track to achieve 2.1
July 2017, 2018 – Youth Leader, Yavneh College
• Leadership - was one of 12 youth leaders for a group of 112-119 fifteen-year-old pupils on an educational and cultural trip touring around Israel. The role also involved planning engaging and educational activities throughout the trip.
July 2016 – Youth Leader, Camp Kochavim
• Teamwork – working within a team of around 30 young leaders, preparing fun activities for the young campers aged between 8-11.
• Time-management – ensuring self-planned activities ran to time in addition to transporting the children between external activities in good time.
2015 –present, Foreign Language Tutor
• Adaptability: teaching Hebrew to children aged 7-13, adapting teaching methods to suit the unique learning styles of each individual pupil.
• Time management skills: effectively managed my time to achieve good grades and acceptance into university whilst teaching in my spare time
Achievements and Awards:
2012, 2013 – Duke of Edinburgh
• Problem Solving and Teamwork: took part in a 2-3 day expedition outdoors, navigating within a group of 5, with only an OS map and a compass.
2015 - UBS Award for Outstanding Students 2015
• Was honoured to receive an award which recognises a total of approximately 50 students per year, nationally for their engagement in community charitable projects, and positive contribution to their schools.
2015/2016 - Deputy Head Boy/House Captain
• Leadership: was a role model to prefects in lower years in addition to running the student council for years 8 and 9.
• Teamwork: worked within the senior prefect team and liaised between students and senior members of staff.
• Organisation: was responsible for preparing and creating the end of school yearbook, dealing with teachers throughout the school in addition to organising student leaving jumpers.
2017 - 10km
• Successfully completed a 10km run in aid of the charity HaShomer HaChadash.
• Self-motivation: running multiple times weekly, maintaining a training schedule in preparation for the final run, with the dream of one day, stretching myself further.
2010/2011 – Volunteer, Yoni Jesner Award
• Commitment - Carried out a minimum of 20 hours of volunteering with local charities that work within the wider community.
2010-present – Volunteer, Gift
• Attending the weekly food bank charity packing sessions as well as discretely delivering food parcels to families in need, managing to pack over 100 bags per week.
2012/2013 – Participant, Alan Senitt Memorial Trust
• Jointly planned a clothes drive within school, organised a charity catwalk with the collected items and then donated everything to a homeless shelter.
• Teamwork – working within a group of 10 students amongst five different schools, planning a charity project that will benefit the wider community.
• Delegation – ensuring each role was properly delegated and carried out to completion.
• Commitment – attended five seminars during school time in addition to giving up break times to manage the daily intake of new clothes.
2013-present – Youth Leader, Local youth movement
• Organisation: lead a team of 10 teenagers running weekly activities at the local youth movement for children aged 7-15.
• IT Skills: publicised all events to the local community through social media sites including Twitter and Facebook.
• Team Work: volunteered as part of a group of 20 leaders on summer and winter camps in Wales, creating and running educational and non-educational activities for 150 fourteen year olds.
2013-2016 – Youth Leader, Cub Scouts
• Commitment – attended weekly meetings whilst planning and executing fun and enjoyable games and activities for the young cubs.
• Delegation – entrusted to hand out jobs to other leaders to ensure sessions ran smoothly.
2018 – President, University of Birmingham Jewish Society
• Commitment – attended weekly meetings, ensuring they ran smoothly in addition to attending cooking sessions each week to prepare for weekly dinners for, on average, 100 people.
• Organisation – created a termly schedule for the society and helped create rotas for society events including ensuring smooth running during the event itself.
• Communication – communicating with/between each group within the committee to ensure their jobs have been completed.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||£70||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||£145||Not available||£150|