I strive to make each lesson exciting and insightful by using songs/ genres picked by the students, breaking them down into the 3 musical components melody, harmony and rhythm. This not only shows you how to play the song but also shows you a greater understanding of the arrangement and theoretic devises used.
With 10 years of playing electric bass and guitar (7 professionally) plus a 1st class musical education graduating from the Academy of Contemporary Music with a B A (Hons) and a Diploma in Bass performance, I have gained the experience and musical knowhow to structure lessons tailored to any ability level, genre, technique or musical topic you or your child would like to study.
24 hour cancellation policy. If lesson is cancelled after this time frame then you will still be charged.
Composer and freelance musician
- A deeply passionate musician with a love for composition, live performance and recording in the studio.
- Other interests include watching (and listening) to TV and inducing my friends to a meditative state with my singing bowl.
- 10 years of experience playing bass and a competent guitarist and pianist
- Tutor for bass, guitar, piano and production
- Can write music to match a theme or mood or genre
- Very creative and great ‘outside the box’ thinker
- Experienced in working with children of special needs
- Professional experience in sight-reading
- Advanced music theory
- Deep understanding on the roles of instruments
- Playing, writing and taking the role as musical director for many bands
- Experienced in many genres. Specializing in rock, pop and funk
- Lots of studio work in studios such as; Metropolis, The Premisis, Quaywest, Polymorph records, Aja, Mellowhead, Jack in The Box, Rollover Studios
- 3 years of teaching experience with 20 private students per week as well as running weekly production and live band workshops with Jamming Together and Jamtrax
- Composed incidental music for the Discovery Channels ‘Highway to Hell’
- 7 years of live performance experience, playing at venues such as; The 229 club, The Spice of Life, The Great Escape and many more
- Played multiple weddings and corporate events with bass and vocals duo ‘Soph & Cam’
- Worked as a Producer and Co-producer on records
How I Work
When I get to work I like to start by making sure everyone has a hot beverage. I believe that the ‘vibe’ is the key to make good music, so I will always come turn up on time, enthusiastic, with a positive attitude.
Qualifications and Credits
- B A (Hons) in bass performance
- Diploma in bass performance
Myself and Cameron studied music together and I can safely say 100% Cameron is one of the best tutoring musicians I know to date. He's played in many projects and is always applying his knowledge to help guide others in a logical and understandable way.
If your looking for someone with adept knowledge but helpful on improving your musicianship skills - Cameron's the guy!
Cameron is the most enthusiastic, talented and knowledgeable musician I know. He lives, eats and breaths music - a passion that instantly inspires his students. I've worked with Cameron professionally in recording studios and songwriting projects for 8 years, and would always use him again. A great teacher for anyone looking to learn
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest guitar lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, acoustic guitar lessons for all!
Taking electric guitar lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||Not available||£30|