As an enthusiastic learner, I've developed a number of successful ways to learn. I understand that different people learn in different ways and believe in trialling lots of techniques to optimise learning. Further, I am keen to inspire students and provide context to what they are learning to help them build a genuine interest in the area. I believe my cheerful personality and empathetic approach helps students maintain positivity and confidence even when they are struggling.
As a relatively young tutor, I believe I can use this to connect better with students and I also understand how exam boards work etc.
As an Oxford University Grad I know things outside of the average syllabus in Biology/ Chemistry/ Biochemistry fields - so if the Student is interested in learning things outside of the syllabus, I can help!
Please message me and we can discuss the individual needs of your child.
Having studied with and received advice from Allison for the past 5 years, I can guarantee her ability to explain difficult concepts clearly and concisely. She always acts with integrity and is highly trustworthy.
Throughout my time in academia I have taken oppotunities to help my fellow Students.
I have always loved learning and the pursuit of knowledge is a gift that I have been privileged to pass on to my students.
My aim is to develop an individuals confidence around a subject and give them skills they can apply to all areas in education.
St. Hilda’s College, Oxford University
2012-2016 Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry (MBiochem) Second Class Upper Division (2:1)
Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College, Darlington
2010-2012 A-levels: Mathematics (A), Chemistry (A*), Biology (A); AS-levels: 5 grade A
Red House School, Stockton-On-Tees
2004-2010 GCSEs: 9GCSEs at A*(including Maths & English)
12th July 2016 – present Legal Advisor Citizen’s Advice, Newton Aycliffe
• Provide free legal advice to the local community on several areas of law including employment and tax.
• Training period of two months involved shadowing advisors and progressing through modules of study.
• Analyse clients’ problems based on a brief, conduct appropriate legal research to prepare tailored and structured advice to discuss at interview.
• At interview, I quickly build rapport with clients whilst explaining complex advice to clients in a concise and easily digestible manner.
15th August – 23rd September 2016 Business Development Placement Centre for Process Innovation- Biologics, Darlington
• Assisted in the development of pipeline projects within CPI through writing, editing, researching and content development of proposals for securing collaborative R&D and grant funding.
18th June – 5th July 2016 St. Hilda’s College Oxford Telephone Campaign
• Built rapport with a large number of alumni with a variety of subject and career backgrounds.
• Raised over £10,000 to go towards improving student life at St. Hilda’s College in the form of welfare support, sports teams and funding living costs for Students from low income backgrounds, making the University lifestyle more accessible to them.
25th January – 8th February 2016 Insight Into Business with the University of Oxford Careers Service
• The programme of three workshops gave a broad insight into business finance principles and commonly used reports and tools. This built on my awareness of how businesses are structured and operate.
Dec 2013-Jan 2014 Springboard Programme with the University of Oxford Careers Service
• Selected for intensive four-day workshop specifically for women. This involved working in teams with different individuals across various subject types and year groups in the University to develop key leadership skills.
Positions of responsibility during University:
September 2015- June 2016 Biochemistry Student Representative
• Elected by my peer group of 88 students to represent their interests at meetings of the Junior Consultative Committee (JCC) and Teaching/ Steering Committees.
September 2015-May 2016 Secretary for St. Hilda’s College Ball Committee
• Developed an ability to write concise notes to use for compiling minutes for the weekly meetings in the 8 month preparatory period running up to the annual ball that is to entertain over 600 guests.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|