My teaching method is working with the music syllabus associated board of the royal schools of music ( grades 1-8 ) and theory of music examinations with the same organisation.
For beginners i use Michael Aaron graded pieces and Smallwoods piano studying book.
i started piano at an early age .My father was a saxophonist and banjo player. I was a choristor at an early age , and learned to play the organ by the organist of the Halle Orchestra in Manchester England and also he was choirmaster of Halle choir in Manchester his name is Ronald Frost who worked with Peter Skellern who had a hit in the pop charts with a cover song " love is the greatest thing" in the 80's.
I wrote music for a band at Nelson and Colne college in the north for the TSB music competition and the band came third .
My rates are the same whatever the level of performance the pupil is on
Telephone number XX
I graduated from the University of West London with a Bachelor of Music in Performance in Classical Music and I also have a teaching diploma LLCMTD. My main areas of expertise are playing the piano, music management, teaching both music theory and practical. I have ten plus years successful experience in teaching on a self-employed basis and I am currently looking for full-time work as a music teacher. I am available to start working immediately.
Key Skills and Achievements
• Analysis and Research - I completed a 3,000 word dissertation as part of my degree on Sir Richard Rodney Bennet and his works, including his Piano Suites.
• Perfect Pitch – I received 100% for an aural test in the examinations during my studies at West London University and Goldsmiths College University of London by an organist at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester.
• Piano Examinations - I am a Grade 8 on the piano from the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and I have both grade 5 and 8 for theory of music. I gained a distinction in my grade 8 with the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music in performance.
• Orchestration and Arranging - I have a good knowledge of arranging and orchestrating music. During my degree, I orchestrated and arranged a big orchestration on Bach’s Prelude for the organ from Bach’s set of Preludes and Fugues Book 1.
• Music Management and Music Law - I have a sound knowledge of music management, music law, copywriting, publishing, press packs (including digital press packs) and music distribution.
Professional Pianist: From 2012 – 2016
• I was professionally involved in chamber music in popular music preparing music for theatre productions with an ensemble called ‘Reggae Icons’. One of our main successes is working with the theatre production called ‘The Magic of Motown’ which has toured both the UK and Europe.
Keyboardist: From 2015 – 2017
• Filling in for another chamber music ensemble FOWAKAN, when the keyboardist was not available.
Keyboardist: From 2015-2017
• Working with a popular music chamber ensemble called Dr Elias & the Soul Surgeons, we performed in public houses and music clubs. The ensemble had its own public announcement and lighting equipment that I helped to set up.
Self-employed Piano Teacher: From 2002-2012
• Worked with individuals or small groups of people either in my own home, or in the pupil's home. Worked with people of all abilities, from beginners to top performers. Planned ahead of the lesson, preparing the pupil for their first examination, using the examination syllabus and would keep to the requirements of the syllabus. I would find suitable music at the level appropriate to each student, both from the examination board and with my own suggestions, and would buy the music in advance of the lessons.
• One of my pupils I taught from the age of eight to eighteen years of age. This pupil got her O level music on the piano Grade 5 and Grade 7 performance with the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, on the piano. Recently, the same pupil got a place at Canterbury University and has recently graduated with a 2.1, and is now working at her local school teaching.
Bachelor of Music Honours degree at West London University, 2013.
Bachelor of Music degree at Goldsmiths University starting in 1996 but due to ill health I did not complete.
3 A-levels at Kensington and Chelsea College, including Music, Grade 8 Theory in Music, and an Access Certificate to Higher Education
5 O- Levels at Fallowfield Church of England High School, in English Language, English Literature, Art, Music, and Biology.
Listening to the radio (especially BBC Radio 3) and going to see live music especially Opera and ‘Rock and Roll’.
music reading lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest piano lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, musical keyboard lessons for all!
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£30||Not available|
|5 hours||Not available||£150||Not available|
|10 hours||Not available||£300||Not available|