I can teach primary through to degree level. I like to adapt my teaching methods to the way my students learn best and hopefully inspire enthusiasm for the subject. My focus is to break down complex ideas into easier to understand concepts.
Over the last 3 years I have been working with primary and secondary aged students during my Environmental Science degree. As a mature student I am passionate about my subject and have volunteered, carried out practical fieldwork and also lab work.
There will be an additional £5 travel charge for a round trip of over 10 miles.
An Environmental Science graduate with a proven work history of collaboration with a range of people on diverse jobs and projects. Looking for the opportunity to utilize her subject knowledge and work with young adults and children.
2015 – 2018
University of Exeter
BSc in Environmental Science – 2:1 obtained
Modules include; Analysis of Environmental Data, Atmosphere and Ocean Systems, Environment and Society, Exploitation of the Sea, Marine Vertebrate Conservation, Global Issues in Environmental Science, Geographical Information Science and Systems and Sustainability. Dissertation project on microplastics found along the north Cornish coastline.
2013 - 2015 The Open University
30 credit module - Science, Technology and Maths Access (Pass with Distinction)
60 credit module - Exploring Science (Pass)
2000 - 2002 Exeter College
A Levels – Biology, Chemistry
AS Level – Physics
1995 - 2000 Dawlish Community College
GCSEs - 11 GCSEs grades A-C including English and mathematics
RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE
Aug 2018 – Present Admissions Administrator (casual worker), University of Exeter, Penryn
• Replying to applicant and colleague enquiries using a CRM system, by telephone and in person.
• Processing new applications on the university’s applicant management system.
• Reviewing applications against criteria to make decisions myself, or collating information in order to refer to academic colleagues.
Jan 2016 – Sep 2018
Senior Student Ambassador, University of Exeter, Penryn
• Working student recruitment events such as open days. Leading on outreach activities in local schools with widening participation themes.
• Interviewing and training new student ambassadors and overseeing the teams at events.
• Representing and promoting the university at UCAS conventions across the country.
Jun – Jul 2016
Volunteers in Communities Internship, Centre for Geography, Environment and Society, University of Exeter, Penryn
• Redesigned and rebranded the project’s website and marketing materials. Managed the project’s Twitter account, tweeting about the relaunch and events.
• Organised and scheduled a promotional film highlighting latest research developments by the group.
• Attended a conference with other organisations working in the sector to network and promote the work of the research team.
Sep 2015 – Feb 2016 Bar Staff, Merchants Manor, Falmouth
• Serving drinks to hotel customers and waitressing at functions.
• Responsible for opening and closing of bar and lounge area when working alone.
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE
2013 - 2015
Admissions and Enquiries Administrator, Admissions and Student Recruitment, University of Exeter, Penryn
• Used the university database management system, adhering to data protection protocol when assessing applications.
• Met with academic leads for programmes to identify entry criteria when making decisions for student entry to postgraduate level study.
• Worked with the Student Recruitment team at open days and outreach activity involving visits to campus. Responsible for school groups, keeping their activities to time and dealing with issues as they arose.
• Green Champion for the office, led on the consultation and implementation of green initiatives, including volunteering for the local community. Achieved bronze and silver level in the NUS Green Impact Awards.
2009 - 2013
Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarships Administrator, College of Social Sciences and International Studies, University of Exeter
• Responded to admission enquiries, helping students with queries and referring them to correct departments of the university.
• Responsible for the administration short-listing of candidates for funding and coordinating subsequent interviews, including via Skype and resolving issues where required.
• Working with colleagues to plan and implement welcome week activities for new students, particularly international students.
• PA to the Director of Research, taking minutes at committee meetings and covering other department staff members’ roles as needed.
2002 – 2009
Events Officer, Press and Public Relations Office, University of Exeter
• Organised and managed invitation lists for a wide variety of professional events, serving a range of stakeholders. Responsible for managing business network events, dinners and receptions at the Vice-Chancellor’s residence.
• Collaborated with team members to secure high profile speakers for lecture series, managed the web event listings and oversaw design of marketing materials.
• Worked with colleagues to plan academic conferences with restricted budgets.
• Retained good working relationships with internal contacts, suppliers and customers. Briefed staff at events and used initiative to deal with last minute changes.
SKILLS AND OTHER INFORMATION
• Full UK driving license
• PADI Open Water qualification
• Royal Naval Reservist from 2015-2016
• Fundraised for an Operation Wallacea 2-week expedition to Indonesia to work as a research assistant monitoring change in coral reef productivity in June 2018
• Proficient using ArcGIS, Microsoft Office, R Studio, WordPress and social media for campaigns
Available on request
ecology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest environmental studies lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, recycling lessons for all!
Taking composting lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£18|