For those needing to complete examinations, I focus on the curriculum content and also how to answer the long essay-style questions which will require lots of synthesis of prior knowledge. We will look at areas that are in need of development and we will address those by practising content and reviewing case studies. This ensures that the lessons are tailored as much as possible to the needs of you and whatever deadlines are imminent.
I am a primary class teacher of 5 years with a degree in Environmental Science. I am passionate about all things environmental and have kept up-to-date with the latest developments in climate change and environmental policy.I have previously tutored GCSE geography on a 1-1 basis.
Address: 6 Ashcroft Grove, Perry Barr, B20 3WG
Email: (concealed information) | Telephone: (concealed information)2
I am a passionate and eager teacher and have been a Year 2 classroom teacher for 5 years. During this time, I have gained an excellent grasp of the Key Stage 1 curriculum and have the skills necessary to get these young children ready for the end of year statutory assessment. I was head of Year 2 during the 2018-2019 academic year and this is continuing into the 2019-2020 year. This allowed me to oversee the progress and attainment of 90 children and I also support the professional development and confidence of 2 other class teachers.
2018 – Present
Year 2 Team Leader
● Supporting classroom teachers in Year 2 to ensure good progress.
● Feeding back to members of management where there are gaps in progress and taking active steps to close those gaps.
● Viewing the books of other teaching staff in the team and providing feedback on how marking or challenging pupils could be improved.
2015 – Present
Year 2 Classroom Teacher
● Began as a newly-qualified teacher in the ‘good’ school of over 650 pupils aged 3–11.
● Motivated and stimulated children and prepared them for the end-of-year statutory assessments.
● Constant review of the teacher standards to ensure I am teaching at a consistently high level.
● Been observed my senior leadership team and have been assessed as teaching at an ‘outstanding’ level.
● Experienced a short Ofsted observation during the 2017-2018 academic year; feedback was very positive.
● Monitoring the progress of children that need extra support based on any Educational Needs.
● Sole technician in a small Special Educational Needs secondary school.
● Provided resources and advice to teachers that required the use of potentially dangerous substances.
● Completed risk assessments daily of the equipment and chemicals that were in stock.
● Supported the Head of Science by advising what equipment we needed to purchase for the department and how resources could be used to benefit the students.
● Partly responsible for the funding of the department and how it was spent.
PGCE, Schools Direct (Salaried): Pass
Newman University, Birmingham
2010 - 2013
BSc (Hons) Environmental Science: 2:1
University of Birmingham, Birmingham
2008 - 2010
A Levels: Geology (A) Environmental Studies (B), Geography (B), Music AS (A)
New College, Telford
2003 - 2008
GCSEs: English Language (C), English Literature (B), Maths (B), Science: Double Award (A, A), Geography (A), Music (A), French (B), D&T: Food (C), Statistics (C), R.E. (A), ICT (C)
I am a keen amateur orchestral musician as I have played the clarinet for 16 years and have been part of concert bands, orchestras and other small ensembles for the same amount of time. During this musical education, I have also conducted full orchestras and small groups, completed Grade 5 musical theory (gaining distinction) and Grade 8 musical theory (gaining a pass). I have played in various concert halls around the world including Carnegie Hall, New York and Symphony Hall, Birmingham as well as participating in music courses such as European Youth Music Week.
In my spare time, I volunteer my time at the Cancer Research shop in Birmingham City Centre where I have quickly been given responsibilities reserved only for paid or long-serving members of staff.
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||£15||Not available|