Overall, I am pretty relaxed in teaching style at the same time I like to challenge my students so they could grow! I taught primary school children for 6 months as well as I tutored conversational English to neighboring teenagers. I have also a very adaptable personality, so I am open to accommodate my teaching style depending on students' demands.
I am an ESL teacher with 6 months of teaching experience to primary school children in Vietnam. Moreover, I have degrees in BA Politics from Newcastle University as well as MSc in Environmental Governance from Manchester University. In both of my degrees, I completed dissertation projects worth 6000 and 12000 words respectively. In this sense, I have 5 years of academic experience in terms of writing, researching, etc. that I can happily share with potential students.
Flexible, depending on negotiation.
2016-2017 University of Manchester, MSc Environmental Governance
Upper Second Class-Honours 2.1
Subject studied: Key Debates in Env. Governance; Issues in Env. Policy; Energy, Society, and Space; Nature, Society, and Social Power; Critical Environmental Politics; Research Project- ‘To what extent could the Buen Vivir Movement be a positive case for Degrowth?’
2015-2016 McGill University, Montreal- Exchange Programme-
Overall mark achieved: B (UK equivalent 65 %)
Subject studied: Beginners French, Radical Political Philosophy, Western Political Philosophy, Politics of East and Central European States, Environmental Philosophy
2013-2016 Newcastle University
BA of Politics- Upper Second Class-Honours 2.1 (65.1%)
Subjects studied The Politics and Policy of the EU; Critical International Politics; Research Methods in Politics; EU Simulation; Research Project- ‘Why should we be mindful of the mindfulness revolution?’
Jan 2018- July 2018: EFL Teacher, New Talent English, Hanoi, Vietnam:
* Taught English communication skill for students from kindergarten to secondary schools (3-15 age).
* Developed understanding of student’s psychology as well as English levels.
*Experienced normal primary school and kindergarten working environment in Vietnam
* Responsible for felicitating students’ needs in a class environment.
Jan 2016- Jan 2017: Yoga Teacher
* Gave classes at Yoga4water- donation based project-raising funds for WaterAid.
* Worked on a freelance/voluntary basis as a yoga teacher
* Responsible for organizing and structuring the classes and providing mindful guidance.
* Developed interpersonal and leadership skills, by facilitating the needs of individuals within a class environment.
Oct 2014 – Sept 2016: Bartender, The Strawberry Pub, Newcastle:
• Responsible for cash handling, operating the till and credit and debit card transactions.
• Responsible for keeping the bar area clean and well stocked.
• Working as part of a team of ten in a busy city center pub.
Oct 2014 – May 2015: Volunteer Tutor/Befriender, Success4All, Newcastle:
• Assisted Secondary School students (aged 11-14) with their homework or English as a second language, on a 1-2-1 basis.
• Worked in a team with other Tutor/Befrienders in organizing the “Learning Hub” for the students each week.
• Awarded with an honorary certificate: “The Best Socialite” for my befriending.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking essay writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£14||£12|