I use a learner-centred approach to teaching. I plan my lessons to meet individual learners' needs. When working with groups, I differentiate lesson plans to accommodate diverse learners' needs and learning preferences. I delight in facilitating learning using the social learning approach. I believe in working in partnership with learners and ensuring that learning is authentic and useful.
I have six years experience in teaching English as a Foreign Language (EFL) and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL). I hold a United Kingdom Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) and a Zimbabwean English Language teaching qualification.
31 Ackworth Road, Swinton, Salford, M27 9TG
I consider myself as a highly enthusiastic, motivated individual with experience across a wide range of environments. My personal strengths include determination, self-motivation, consideration for others and the ability to use my own initiative. I am of a friendly and approachable disposition and thrive upon challenges both inside and outside the working environment.
• Very good relationship building skills
• Confident making decisions when working on own
• Excellent record of time keeping
• Well organised and methodical in approach to work
05/2019 – Present
Cover People – Cover Supervisor / Invigilator
• Covering for absent teachers, delivering planned lessons.
• Invigilating exams.
07/2017 – 08/2017
UK Language Courses – Teacher
• Teaching English as a foreign language to young people from different European countries
07/2016 – 07/2016
UK Language Courses – Teacher
• Teaching English as a foreign language to young people from different European countries.
05/2016 – 07/2016
Pearson Education – General Marker
• Electronically marking SATS and GCSE examinations
01/2014 – 05/2016
Teacher Active – Cover supervisor / Supply Teacher
• Delivering planned work to classes in the absence of regular teachers
• Explaining tasks to students
• Ensuring that students complete given tasks
• Engaging learners constructively.
06/2014 – 05/2015
Community Support Plus - Tutor
• Teaching English My Way, pre-entry level ESOL course, to adults
• Building relationships with learners and helping them identify and access other services to meet their needs.
05/2014 – 04/2015
Manchester Refugee Support Network – Homework Tutor
• Supporting refugee and asylum-seeker children do their homework
• Identifying possible needs
• Liaising with parents and ensuring they understand the UK education system.
06/2012 – 08/2012
Bramall Construction – Trainee Tenant Liaison Officer
• Introducing company activities to tenants
• Completing pre-entry surveys
• Communicating tenants’ issues / complaints to management.
01/2006 – 04/2010
Salford City Council – Youth Worker
• Building and sustaining relationships with young people
• Helping young people identify and address issues affecting them
• Planning, delivering and evaluating youth programmes.
10/2006 – 07/2008
The Albion High School – Student Learning Support Worker
• Working with pupils on fixed-term exclusion
• Working with young people with behavioural needs
• Helping young people develop a more positive attitude towards learning.
03/2003 – 09/2003
Cravenwood Primary School – Teaching Assistant
• Preparing learning environment and materials for a Year 6 class
• Working with small groups of pupils to ensure they accessed learning at an appropriate level.
01/1998 – 01/2002
Kwalu Secondary School, Zimbabwe – Teacher
• Teaching English Language and Literature in English at secondary school up to ‘O’ level
• Completing the scheme of work and planning lessons
• Keeping learner records
• Liaising with parents.
Work-based Experience for PGDE (11/2012 – 05/2013)
• Teaching adult literacy to adults with mental health conditions in a community setting
• Teaching Functional Skills to adults recovering from alcohol and drug addiction in a community setting
• Teaching ESOL Entry 1 level to a group of adults in a community setting
• Teaching Functional Skills Level 1 at an FE college
• Talking to people from all backgrounds in a friendly and approachable manner
• The ability to relate to people from a wide variety of backgrounds
• Tact and sensitivity
• A respectful approach
• Patience and a sense of humour
• Reliability and flexibility
• Team working skills and the ability to use your own initiative
• The ability to remain calm under pressure
09/2012 – 05/2013 University of Bolton
Professional Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
09/2008 – 04/2011 Manchester Metropolitan University
Post-graduate Diploma in Social Work
01/2007 – 08/2007 National Open College Network
Level 3 National Qualification in Youth Work
09/2003 – 06/2006 University of Salford
Bsc (Hons.) Business Studies with Financial Management
01/1996 – 11/1997 Hillside Teachers’ College (University of Zimbabwe)
Diploma in Education
Hobbies and Interest
I enjoy spending time with family and friends, meeting and mixing with new people.
Reference upon request
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest written comprehension - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written expression - english lessons for all!
Taking EFL lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|