I enjoy using current technology such as cloud drives, google classroom and other online tools as resources in and outside the classroom. I am pragmatic in my teaching style, I enjoy developing and delivering task based learning activities as I feel students learn well this way.
I am a professional and friendly English as a second language (ESL) teacher. I have been teaching for 2 years in private language schools as well as tutoring individuals in my local area.
Before I became a teaching, I was an assistant project manager in the NHS. I believe that many skills from this career path have been transferable, for example, I am organised and I cope well under pressure.
I am a professional and friendly English as a second language (ESL) teacher. I enjoy using current technology such as cloud drives, google classroom and other online tools as resources in and outside the classroom. I am pragmatic in my teaching style, I enjoy developing and delivering task based learning activities as I feel students learn well this way. I have experience in marketing, social media management and sales within a language school setting.
Prior to teaching, I was an assistant project manager within the NHS. I believe that many skills from this career path have been transferable, for example, I am organised, I cope well under pressure and I have the aptitude to coordinate multiple tasks with conflicting deadlines.
Freelance English Tutor
November 2018 – Current
I am currently working as a freelance teacher. I teach 4 individual adult students on a weekly basis. As part of this role, I carry out initial assessments to determine the level of English each student has, plan bespoke lessons based on the needs of the learner and I deliver lessons and monitor progress.
As I am freelancing, I am responsible for my own marketing and lead generation. I have designed and posted adverts on social media and noticeboards in my area. I have also generated leads from existing students via word of mouth.
Burnley Youth Theatre – Burnley
Volunteer Chaperone – May 2019 - Current
• Chaperone children ages 5 – 16 during performances
• Ensure that when a child is not performing he/she is properly supervised
• Ensure that children have adequate meals, rest and recreation times
• Adhere to safeguarding policy
New College Group – Manchester
General English Teacher (cover) – March 2018 – November 2018
• Provided cover during busy periods and for staff annual leave
• Planned and delivered lessons to large classes (15+ students) ages 16+
• Monitored student progress through weekly testing and end of course assessments
• Provided end of course reports for each student based on their performance during class and test results
• Utilised technology such as interactive whiteboard and online learning platforms to enhance learning experience
• Lead conversation club and debate club on an ad hoc basis.
Language Links – Manchester
General English Teacher (ESL) – February 2018 – November 2018
• Planned and delivered lessons for adult students, ranging from A1 – B2 levels
• Monitored student progress and assess on a regular basis
• Recycled and reviewed language taught in previous lessons
• Provided ad hoc administrative support
• Managed social media accounts.
Excite English – Manchester
General English Teacher (ESL) – September 2017 – January 2018
• Taught general English at pre-intermediate and intermediate levels
• Planned, promoted and facilitated social events, I created and maintained an events calendar
• Tailored lessons to students based on assessments and student feedback
• Coordinated with other teachers in order to ensure that lessons complemented each other
• Improved my teaching techniques based on peer feedback.
• Employed a variety of instructional techniques and strategies to meet different aptitudes and interests of students.
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, Manchester
Assistant Project Manager – June 2015 – March 2017
Coordinator – September 2011 – June 2015
Administrator – October 2009 – September 2011
• Set timelines and negotiated dates with internal teams and external stakeholders. Reworked timelines when required. Ensured projects ran on time and all tasks were complete.
• Committee management – liaised, organised and facilitated meetings, recruitment
• Improved methods of practice (i.e. developed spreadsheets, streamlined processes), I was proactive and vocal in team meetings.
• Stakeholder management – liaison, improving systems
• Provided administrative support to the internal guideline team
• ACHIEVEMENTS: Assisted with the establishment of the Managing Common Infections programme.
• PROJECTS: Folder restructure, stakeholder management procedure, stakeholder data migration
• QUALIFICATIONS: APM Project Management Qualification, The Knowledge Academy, 2016; Excel 2010 Expert, Pitman Training, 2015.
Career break to travel – August 2012 – September 2013
CertTESOL - September 2016 - June 2017
University of Manchester
• The course consisted of several modules, including Language Awareness, Unknown Language, Guided Observation, Learner Profile, Teaching Practice, Materials Assignment
• I was aware of the needs of other colleagues in the team and the value of mutual support in the teaching, learning and training environment.
• Throughout the process my performance was evaluated by my tutors and peers and I was continuously given the opportunity to reflect on my progress. This in turn helped me to improve my teaching style.
BA English Language and Linguistics (2:2) – October 2004 – July 2007
University of York
• Some of the modules that I completed on this course include: Phonetics and Phonology, History of English, Sociolinguistics, Psycholinguistics. In the third year I focused primarily on phonetics.
• I also completed two modules on Teaching English as a Foreign Language however they were not associated with a professional qualification.
• This course gave me an excellent overview into the nuances of the English Language.
Various qualifications, August 2002 – June 2004
Nelson and Colne College, Nelson, Lancashire
English Language (B)
English Literature (B)
General Studies (B)
Critical Thinking (C)
IT (Level 3)
Improving Learning and Performance (Level 2)
Advanced Extension Award:
GCSEs, August 1996 – June 2001
Ss John Fisher and Thomas More RC High School, Colne, Lancashire
11 GCSEs including Maths, English and Science (A-C)
I enjoy arts and crafts, I have a number of related hobbies including sewing, crochet and knitting. I also enjoy cycling, yoga and meditation.
I am very practical and hands on, I enjoy DIY and I get satisfaction out of solving problems and fixing things myself rather than getting someone else to do the job for me.
I love to travel and enjoy visiting new places and learning about other cultures.
I have strong IT skills, I keep up to date with the latest technology and I learn how to use new software and systems with ease.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking business english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|