I believe that the fastest and most successful way to learn a language is through tailored, goal oriented and applied tuition focused on the students' needs. I adopt an approach to language training which promotes proactive participation by the students, placing emphasis on the ability to communicate in real life situations. I believe that tuition should encourage natural verbal interaction between the student and the teacher, involving a mixture of task, context and applied based learning.
I am a linguistics professional with over fifteen years’ experience in the educational, legal, health, research & development, academic and business sectors. I have been providing tuition in English as a second language to students and business professionals, as well as interpreting and translation services to institutions throughout the UK. I'm highly qualified with a background in international business, interpreting and translation within academic institutions overseas and the British legal system.
Rates of pay can be negotiated and reduced for block-booking, payment in advance, location of lessons and level.
I am a confident, proactive and highly qualified bilingual languages professional with over fifteen years’ experience in communication and languages services. I am also experienced in international project management in the public and private sectors, international relations, intellectual property, as well as teaching General and Business English to speakers of other languages, translation and interpreting. On a personal level, I am personable, enthusiastic, reliable, motivated and organized. I am a native speaker of English and Portuguese and have a basic understanding of Spanish.
DPSI Diploma in Public Services Interpreting – Law. (2014)
MSc Public Health Management & International Relations. Distinction - FIOCRUZ, Brazil (2007)
MBA Organizational Management and Human Development. FVC, Brazil (2005)
CELTA Teaching English as a Foreign Language. Regent School, Oxford, UK (2001)
BA (Hons) Social Sciences. 2.1 - The Nottingham Trent University, UK (2000)
International Baccalaureate – St. Clare’s International College, Oxford UK (1997)
Teacher of English as a Foreign Language June 2017 – Sep 2017
(Frances King School of English, London)
Summer Contract for provision of English language teaching to foreign students.
All levels, including teenagers and adult training (day and evening courses).
ESOL Tutor January 2002 – Present
Provision of English language tuition to speakers of other languages.
Business and Academic purposes, Beginners to Advanced levels. Preparation for work placements, interviews and integration into English life, speech and culture. Bespoke lessons to suit every need.
Interpreter and Translator January 2013 – present
(Capita Translation and Interpreting | thebigword | Private Clients)
Provision of whispering, consecutive and simultaneous interpreting services to some of the most prestigious institutions in the UK, including the Ministry of Justice, the NHS, the Home Office, and private clients; Conference interpreting services in the Pharmaceutical, Cultural and Business fields;
Translation of scientific manuscripts, books, official documents and written material for publication.
International Project Manager May 2002 – Dec 2012
Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Ministry of Health – Brazil
• Trained groups of students and researchers in intellectual property management
• Responsible for translation, review, submission and follow-up of scientific publications
• Organized International Scientific Congresses, Courses and Conferences
• Managed the Scientific Department responsibilities and research projects
• Managed a small team of trainees working to implement the Intellectual Property Dept.
• Devised and secured agreements with foreign research institutes and universities
• Provided administrative and academic assistance to foreign researchers and students
Language Coordinator and Teacher November 2001 – Feb 2002
CNA English Language School, Salvador – Brazil (temporary)
• Responsible for recruitment of language teachers
• Responsible for level placement of students
• Teaching of conversation classes (C1 and above, preparation for travel and business)
Office Manager / Personal Assistant September 2000 - Oct 2001
Simon Mort Reports Limited, Oxford
• Management of Training Courses in English Report Writing Abroad
• Reviewing of technical reports (English grammar and spelling)
• General Office Management
• Researcher of psychological processes, consciousness development and personal growth.
• Therapies based on transcendental development (Jungian-based and beyond).
• Yoga, reading, philosophy, travel and forensic psychology.
• Teaching, education practices, contextual conversations for learning experiences.
• Experience with all Windows computer packages and internet.
Fabiola is a very committed, skilled and competent tutor. She adapts her teaching methods to the students needs. She is able to gauge the needs of the students and provide the adequate strategy to best suit them. She's is responsible and quite firm when the student needs a push, without being too hard! And she does all of this being lovely! I totally recommend Fabiola as a teacher!
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking written expression - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|