My teaching method is always to focus on the student's weaknesses in a particular subject and teach them according to their school syllabus as well as new content according to their capabilities. I make lessons engaging and I make sure the student participates in the activities or questions I set for them. I also provide homework and past papers to practice.
I am currently a second-year university student at King's College London and I have been tutoring both, at my previous school and at home. I have tutored individual students in Maths and English for a period of two years and I have tutored groups of people in Spanish and French. All students have achieved their target grades and become successful students.
Cancellation policy: 2 hours before class
University: Studying European Studies with Spanish at King’s College London (2017-2021)
A Levels (2015-2017): Spanish (A), Economics (B), French (B) and History (C).
GCSEs (2013-2015): 14 grades A*-B including English (A), Science (A) and Maths (B)
Extracurricular: Pathways to Law, K+ Programme and LSE Choice (2015-17): they involved research, visits to courts, workshops, e-mentoring, advice on university, Economics lectures, etc.
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills developed through work experience.
• Fluent in English, Spanish, Catalan, Punjabi and Hindi plus moderate French.
• Excellent working knowledge of basic IT packages including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, email, and Internet Explorer.
• Enjoys sharing ideas and thoughts and encouraging development in order to achieve common goals and remarkable results. Always punctual.
• Knows how to carry out refined planning to manage a task whilst handling additional work and responsibilities in timed conditions.
• Enjoys reading and physical activities such as: roller skating, and cycling. Enjoys exploring and travelling.
• A certified First Aider.
Senior mentor at NCS (National Citizen Service) Isleworth, 05/07/18-27/07/18
• Involved taking responsibility and pastoral care of 13 young people while motivating and engaging them in outdoor activities and ensuring participation in a charity project.
• Flexibility and punctuality were of utmost importance for the smooth flow of the programme.
• Worked with a positive and enthusiastic mindset in order to make young people feel comfortable in approaching me in regard to any issues.
• Made decisions and demonstrated initiative by empowering my interpersonal skills and boosting young people’s confidence.
Work experience at Hogan Lovells Holborn, 02/16
• Experienced the role of a trainee first-hand by shadowing an employee and through drafting documents and attending meetings.
• Attended tailored workshops, discussions and social events.
• Gained an insight into the life and work inside a global legal practice.
• Worked in a team of seven to produce a successful presentation at the end of the week.
Account Assistant at Mac & Co Accountants Ltd Hounslow, 07/15
• Organised two weeks’ work experience reporting directly to the Chief Accountant.
• Developed competent Excel Skills while transferring confidential data into spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers.
• Preparation of tax calculations and VAT returns, developing aptitude for numerical processing and attention to detail.
• Worked in a team of four, collaborating on joint projects.
Work experience at Metropolitan Police Hounslow, 09/14
• Skills applied included: problem solving, critically assessing and evaluating different scenarios through research, evaluating the conditions of the local park and streets and giving ways in which, they could be improved to make a safer place for the local community.
• Visited courts at Central London where I gained first-hand experience of court cases, learnt about the different types of law and what they involve and, learnt about the way in which barristers and advocates worked.
VOLUNTARY EXPERIENCE/ PAID WORK
Charity work: attracted local Homebase customers and raised money (£100) for the Alzheimer’s charity. Provided relevant information by communicating in an effective and succinct manner.
Mentoring: in school helped two Year 11 students with maths and English, and I have mentored in Spanish and French. Managed and arranged activities for 25, 7-15 years old students at a Sikh summer camp.
Bronze Duke of Edinburgh
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|