My teaching methodology changes according to the age and English level of the class and the individuals in that class. For younger children I would use models of vehicles and roll the small vehicles across the table and ask each child to return the vehicle saying the name of it and devised songs for them to sing. I also wrote the new vocabulary they had learned onto handouts for the children to take home and study. For older children and young adults I used the internet to start some discussion in the class that would interest them - how to obtain their driving licence, their entitlement to vote and how to do so and showing them the different opinions of people with regards to people of their age getting a driving licence, and being able to vote.
My rates will not vary according to how advanced or not your English language skills are.
I have been giving lessons to young children and young adults at a local school, teaching 5 - 6 students at once. I continually worked on developing interesting lessons that suit the age and capability of each student in my class .
April 2016– May 2017 120 Hour TEFL Certificate - The TEFL Academy, UK
- Create lessons for a variety of levels from pre-intermediate to advance
- Teaching speaking, listening, reading and writing
- Material & resource creation, utilising the internet
- English grammar and how to teach the essential language
- Needs analysis and teaching in different situations
- Classroom management and teaching techniques.
EDUCATION AND COURSES
1987 – 1988 Higher English and Higher Mathematics
1990 – 1992 HNC Secretarial Studies and Office Management – Langside
1996 - 1999 MA English Literature and Scottish History – Glasgow University,
2009 - 2010 HNC Computer Networking and Networking Technologies –
Cardonald College, Glasgow
2012 – 2013 NC (Higher) Social Care
2013 – 2014 Professional Development Award in Additional Support Needs
I have a PDA in Additional Support Needs Teaching Assistance as well as experience volunteering at a local nursery working as a nursery assistant, and at Rothesay Primary School on a voluntary basis with Primary 4, 5 and 7 pupils on a one to one basis, doing “Toe-by-Toe reading assistance as well as downloading and printing files for classroom activities. I also have experience working in variety of office environments over the years, which have helped me to become proficient within the office, particularly with computers, and I have extensive experience using Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
Most of my experience is with secretarial/PA work and I completed an HNC in Computer Networking at Cardonald College in Glasgow in 2009 – 2010. I also completed a NC (higher) in Social Care as well as a PDA in Education Assistance have completed a 120 hour TEFL course. The placements I did for these courses included working in a nursery helping children with additional support needs integrate with the other children.
I am an overtly happy, cheery person, who enjoys working with people and I am a good team player, who can work on my own initiative. I am PVG registered to work with both children and adults.
September 2014 - present
In September 2014 I volunteered as an Education Support Assistant at Rothesay Primary School one and a half days per week, where I am providing support in reading to children on a one-to-one basis. I also did therapeutic work with two children to help them to develop their hand and arm muscles, which will improve their handwriting skills.
Every Tuesday afternoon I also take a group of six children to open a book shop they have developed and started, which involves books being bought in book packages and sold off individually to the Primary 4 -7 classes. The profits are used to buy books for the school. This is a business and the children are not only involved in the displaying of the books, but have had training to develop their customer service skills and to make financial calculations. The children are involved from the beginning to end of the business, including calculations of profit. I finished each year and after completing a PDA in Additional Support Needs (ASN) Education Assistance, I started volunteering again in September 2015 and worked with children on a one-to-one basis using a book (Toe-By-Toe) designed to help children who have reading difficulties, I am also taking P7 children, on a one-to-one basis, to the secondary school to show them around and then asking them to show me where each department is.
I also supervise break time and lunch time in the playground as well as provide computer and admin support to the teachers.
In October 2016 I also volunteered at the Rothesay Joint Campus nursery – teaching English to pre-school children who speak little English.
Date from/To Employer Job Title & Main Duties
Present Fyne Futures
Isle of Bute Admin assistant one day per week:
• compile second hand furniture records on spreadsheets and updating them weekly.
• scan previous years’ carbon files onto the computer and archive them on a disc on computer.
July 2009 - Aug 2010
Isle of Bute Bookkeeper (part time)
• processed a three years’ backlog of receipts by putting them into date order and entering each of them on to an excel sheet with Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledgers.
Oct 2008 - March 2009
Mount Stuart House
Isle of Bute
Cash Reconciliation Administrator
• Calculated the daily cash takings from outlets – restaurants, cafés and shops using XL spreadsheets, and provided comparison reports and charts.
Nov 2007 - April 2008
(in various hospitals) Temporary medical secretary/PA
Main X-Ray at the Victoria Infirmary, in Paediatric Dentistry at the Glasgow Dental Hospital and the Ophthalmology Department of the Royal Alexandria Hospital in Paisley.
• Dealt with a backlog of medical transcriptions, and diary management.
Aug 2005 - Sept.2007
• Analysed monthly, quarterly and yearly Business Partner ‘Pay for Performance’ reports with comparison charts for IBM and Lenovo.
• Created and maintained databases of Business Partners’ employee training records, and club membership details.
• Processed expense claims for staff.
July 2003 - Aug 2005
• Typed all correspondence by letter, email or fax
• Provided diary management and booked meetings for which I printed documents and provided presentations.
• Processed expense claims and booked flights and accommodation for trips to Europe and the US.
Nov 2002 - June 2003
Inverclyde Council, Greenock
• Kept cash box accounts for the Inverclyde Tenants and Residents Association.
• Organised meetings for council tenant groups in Inverclyde and also took minutes.
I enjoy doing art and craftwork, including sewing and card making. I enjoy reading and particularly poetry. I also love music and I play the flute in a small local band. I also enjoy swimming and walking.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£15||Not available||£15|
|5 hours||£50||Not available||£75|
|10 hours||£100||Not available||£150|