I am qualified with a BA Honors in Primary Education and believe that teaching should be fun and creative. I am strict about getting the learning done but ensure that it does not become boring for students or myself.
I started my career as a Civil Servant. I then went into teaching and have been in Primary school for 26 years. I have taught many students in the Uk and have also taught English as a Foreign language in Abu Dhabi.
DATES PLACE QUALIFICATION
2001 – 2005 Edge Hill College of BA (Honors) with QTS in
Higher Education Primary Education and
Children’s Development and
Foundation Degree in
Teaching and Learning Support
My degree programme has covered all subjects within the National Curriculum and has been supported by school based training in a variety of settings to provide breadth and depth of experience. I am training to be a primary teacher and have developed school-based research examining management of change.
1995 – 1997 Priestly College of NVQ L3 Childcare & Education Further Education (inc. SEN) (BTEC)
1979 – 1981 Halton College of BEC National Certificate in
Further Education Business Studies (BTEC)
1975 – 1979 Helsby County Grammar 5 GCE O Levels in English C
School for Girls Mathematics C, Chemistry C,
Biology C, French C (Joint
DATE CPD EXAMINING BODY/
20.5.19 Nurture for vulnerable children In house Fairfield Primary, Widnes
15.1.19 Health and Safety Mandy Disney, Wrexham BC
12.1.19 Channel general awareness College of Policing - online
8.1.19 Prevent training Online
30.10.18 Safeguarding Park View Academy, Knowsley
18.10.18 “O Track Assessment” Blacklow Brow School, Knowsley
3.9.18 Mini Me Yoga J Hoe – Yoga Specialist
April 2018 SEND Detas Training and Services
May 2017 FGM, Forced Marriage, Child protection Online Home Office courses
26.1.17-9.2.17 Restraint team teach training Halton BC
26.1.17-27.1.17 Read, Write, Inc St Helens BC
19.1.17 White Rose Maths training St Mary and St Thomas School, St Helens
11.1.17 English training St Theresa’s School, St Helens
14.12.16 Safeguarding Halton BC
7.12.16 English training St Mary & St Thomas, St Helens
30.11.16 Asthma training Halton BC
16.11.16 Allergy training Halton BC
9.11.16 5 White Rose Maths training St Theresa’s, St Helens
19.10.16 White Rose Maths training St Mary and St Thomas, St Helens
12.10.16 Safeguarding Halton BC
28.9.16 English Sarah Williams, Liverpool CC
Sept 16-Nov 16 SENDCO training Halewood Primary, Knowsley
18.5.16 SIMS report writing Halton BC
20.4.16 Questioning skills L Halton BC, Head Teacher
16.3.16 Questioning skills Halton BC Head Teacher
23.3.16 Questioning skills Halton BC Head Teacher
16.12.15 Lockdown training Internal via HBC
13.7.15 Maths training St Helens Council
24.6.15 Dyslexia training St Helens Council
10.6.15 Dyslexia training St Helens Council
9.1.14 Assessment Abu Dhabi Head of Faculty
20.1.14 Differentiation Abu Dhabi Head of Faculty
20.11.13 Differentiation Abu Dhabi Head of Faculty
25.6.13 Time management in the classroom/using food in Science Abu Dhabi Education Council
24.6.13 Bi-lingual classroom/brain based teaching Abu Dhabi Education Council
12.5.13 Differentiation Abu Dhabi Head of Faculty
• Blueberry Primary – February 2020- March 2020
• Year 3 Teacher, St Paul of the Cross, Burtonwood, Warrington – October 2019-February 2020
• Year 5 Teacher, Fairfield Primary, Widnes, Cheshire – February 2019 – July 2019
• Year 5 Teacher, PE Leader, Blacklow Brow School, Huyton, Merseyside – October 2018 – February 2019
• PPA Cover Teacher (Y1-6), Blacklow Brow School, Huyton, Merseyside – April 2018 – October 2018
• PPA Cover Teacher (Y2-6), Eccleston Mere Primary, St Helens, Merseyside – January 2018 – April 2018
• Year 4 Teacher, PE Leader, SENDCO, Spinney Avenue Primary, Widnes, Cheshire – September 2015 – July 2017 (Y6 boosters,
• Year 2 Teacher, Sherdley Primary, St Helens, Merseyside from October 2014 – July 2015
• Grade 3 Teacher, Al Aaliya School, Al Ain, Abu Dhabi Education Council from September 2013 - July 2014
• Grade 3 Teacher, Al Tamooh Girls School, Al Ain, Abu Dhabi Education Council from August 2011 – July 2013
• Year 5/6 Teacher, District Primary, Newton le Willows, Warrington from Oct 2010- July 2011
• Year 5 Teacher, St Philips CE Primary, Warrington from 7.9.08 – 21.2.10
• Year 5 Teacher, Thelwall Juniors, Warrington from 4.9.07 – 3.12.07
• Year 4 Teacher at Oakwood Avenue Primary, Warrington from 19.2.07 – 25.7.07
• Year 4 Teacher at St Margaret’s CE Primary, Warrington from 4.9.06 - 22.12.06
• Year 5 Teacher at Stockton Wood Primary, Liverpool from 1.9.05 – 15.3.06
• Teaching Practice in Year 1 at St Gabriel's C of E Primary, 14.3.05– 20.5.05.
I met Geeta as a English Licensed Teacher in Abu Dhabi. Whilst I have not worked with her at the professional level, I believe she has a lovely, warm character that is most suitable for tutoring. Best of luck Geeta with tutoring.
Geeta is a great communicator with skills and experience to support and facilitate the education and growth of students all ages, of all abilities to fulfil their potential. She has the flexibility to accommodate all different styles of learning and has the ability to blend her teaching approaches to ensure each student has achieved their potential.
Geeta has a very warm and positive style that quickly engages pupils and ensures they perform at their best - at whatever that level might be.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her.
Geeta is kind, patient and a fantastic teacher. She is extremely experienced and has a passion for education. Highly recommended.
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£14|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£70|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£140|