I always prefer each tutoring session to meet the student's learning style, academic needs and ability. My teaching methods include scheduling, communicating, and developing high grades. I would really like to engage and motivate my students to do their best.
I am an experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic tutor, and I am fascinated by Maths. I have assisted students with 11 plus Entry Exams and GCSEs. I have worked with students on one to one basis, as well as in groups. It also included online tutoring via Skype along with more traditional face-to-face tutoring. I supported most students between the ages of 7 and 11 with all the elements of 11 plus and Sats (English, Math, Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning) and between the ages of 12 to 16 including GCSE.
Chandipriya Polani Nageshwaran
718, Woolston Apartments,
Bradford, BD1 2NH.
Mobile No. (concealed information)7
Email: (concealed information)
I am a self motivated, patient and reliable person, who would like to start my career after a break. Seeks a varied and challenging position that will enable me to expand my knowledge and offer me the space to prove myself.
I am proficient in office administration tools like MS Office - word, excel and PowerPoint. I have recently completed my Functional Skills level 2 in English and GCSE Maths (higher) and now actively seeking employment. During my recent courses I was able to gain different skills from other people. I am friendly and am able to follow instructions accurately. I possess good verbal and written skills. Languages known are English, Tamil and Telugu.
• Good knowledge of Ms Office
• Good at typing
• Well versed at internet
• Able to prioritise and organise workloads
• Able to work effectively and efficiently
• Eager to learn new skills and undertake additional training.
• Good verbal and written skills.
• Good patience.
November 2019 to till now First Class Learning Centre, Bradford. Work as a Tutor.
• Primarily work with students aged 7-13 to improve Maths and English.
• Prepare students for SATs test and 11+ Grammar school admission test.
• Prepare students for GCSE Foundation and Higher exam.
• Prepare learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students’ needs and goals.
• Identify students’ individual learning needs.
• Help the students to complete a diagnostic assessment to determine which path is most suitable for them.
• Organise First Class Learning lessons materials, assign and correct homework.
• Evaluate students’ progress and discuss the results with students and with their parents.
• Review learning materials with students by discussing text, working solutions to problems and provide feedback to students to encourage or build confidence in students.
• Maintain records of students’ assessment result, progress, feedback ensuring confidentiality of all records.
• Promoting First Class Learning services and skills to gain students and recommendations.
November 2019 to till now Dixons Manningham School, Bradford
Work as Volunteer for three days
April 2018 – Till now Private Tutor
In my community, I am taking private tuition for students aged 7-13 to improve their Maths. I have worked with students on one to one basis, as well as in groups. It also included online tutoring via Skype along with more traditional face-to-face tutoring. I supported most students between the ages of 7 and 11 with all the elements of 11 + and Sats (English, Math, Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning).
In the case of secondary school students, I'm mainly helping with Math for both KS3 and KS4(GCSE both Foundation and Higher). Reviewed materials allocated by students’ teachers and helped students to finish their homework. Create lesson plans, review workbooks and practice tests to prepare students for weekly tests. Prepare lessons plans and materials for the SAT curriculum.
May 2005 to January 2007 Marine Dimensions Logistics Pvt. Ltd., Chennai, India
• Coordinate business decisions of the management such as cost savings on freight.
• Vessel tracking
• Checking and replying E-mails
• Handling clearing and forwarding work in Imports.
• Handling shipment details
• Obtaining Delivery order and shipment details from shipping agent.
• Customer service.
February 2012 – November 2012 Little Fiddlers School, Chennai, India
November 2016 – March 2017 Chaithra Montessori School, Chennai, India
I create lesson plans and teach those plans to the entire class or in small groups, track student progress and present the reports to parents, create and reinforce classroom rules, work with school rules and manage students outside the classroom, such as in school hallways and trips.
• Creating a quality learning environment.
• Designing and following a complete lesson plan
• Organizing learning material and resources
• Monitoring children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing
• Preparing progress report of students
• Work with different learning styles to get the most out of each student.
• Handling and dealing with challenging behaviour
• Helping children to achieve early learning goals
• Observe, assess and record each child’s progress everyday
• Ensure the health and safety of children.
• Huge measures of patience and humour.
August 2017 – May 2019 Handmade Jewellery (Queen Collections)
I have been running handmade jewellery for over 1 year. I sorted out two workshops and created market stalls to sell my handmade jewellery. I also have experience selling Facebook Marketplace and EBay. During this moment, I have shown excellent relationship skills with customers by email and face to face. I always placed the customers first and worked to solve any problems that might occur.
Bachelor of science in Computer science, Madras University, India –2004
Discontinued Masters of science in Maths, Alagappa university, India - 2007
OCR Functional skills qualification in English at Level 1, – 2018
OCR Functional skills qualification in English at Level 2, – 2019
GCSE Maths(Higher) Grade 7 – 2019
Award Level 1 Child learning and supporting in Bradford.
Certificate of making career choices – 2018
Certificate for attending parent gym - 2018
Certificate of Boost your skills - 2019
Certificate of Personal Achievement – Family numeracy - 2019
References available on request
Perfect! Super great teacher.Keep it up
My student is really good at Maths. She did excellent work today.
Priya is an excellent teacher! Her manner of teaching is so wonderful and refreshing!! She is teaching my son and he improved alot in Maths and English. She's patient, supportive and knows how to motivate her students. She's great at building confidence and keeping lessons fun and engaging through a variety of activities that improve skills.
Am Sengeetha, I have 2 kids both are with Priya’s Math class .My daughter gets Math coaching from Priya since 2018. I can see her consistent growth and understanding concepts are very good. Personally I have noticed that her classes are interactive, with lot of Q& A, kids are free to raise query, friendly and most primarily she handles the subject that kids won’t get scared of calculation and make them think that it’s just some scenario and can be solved. Easy going !
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest algebra lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, trigonometry lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|