The lesson revolves around student needs:
• Exam preparation – we focus on understanding the content, then selected seminar topics and finally exam past papers.
• Selected topic work – firm focus on one topic includes highlighting the essential workings and the applications of the course.
• Project support – often students don’t know where to start. I review your lecture material and discuss you thought processes and methodology.
A-Level, university and mature students are all welcome. I have extensive experience with students resitting and requiring exam preparation.
One of our best tutors! High-quality profile, qualifications verified and response guaranteed. Dorothy will plan your first lesson with care.
I graduated in Chemical Engineering, became a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) and have over a decade of post qualification experience in accounting, audit and finance. I am now taking a career break to study a PhD in Chemical Engineering. It is something I have always wanted to do and indulges my love of numbers and numerical analysis.
My experience leaves me uniquely placed to tutor:
• Finance – Investment appraisal, NPV, IRR, ARR, payback, dividend valuation model, CAPM, WACC. Particular experience in Imperial College Business School and University of Bath's corporate finance modules.
• Financial and Management Accounting – all aspects at university, business school and professional qualification levels. Practical experience of accounting modules from Imperial Business School, University of Nottingham and Nottingham Trent Business Schools.
• Mathematics – A-Level, business maths, engineering maths and university applied maths. Extensive experience of tutoring the Edexcel syllabus at A-Level to Year 13 students and engineering maths/ further maths to Imperial College, University of Surrey and Coventry University engineering students.
As an ICAEW accountant, I am able to provide support for particular topics or more rounded help for revision. I cover all the ICAEW certificate and professional stage topics and SBM and CR at the advanced stage.
I tutor both in-person and online. Should you wish to have a sample tutorial, please message me and I’ll supply a suitable link where I tutor Accounting (depreciation) and Maths (the binomial expansion).
No course is too difficult and no lecturer too incomprehensible. I am happy to teach anyone. Groups and mature students are especially welcome. Send me a message and we can discuss the specifics of your situation and take things from there.
I graduated in Chemical Engineering, became a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) and have over a decade of post qualification experience in accounting, audit and finance. I am now taking a career break to study a PhD in Chemical Engineering.
I have tutored for several years and have a range of experience including:
- First year chemical engineering maths students (1yr)
- A Level maths students (1yr)
- Finance and accounting students, mostly university and professional students (2yrs)
I have prepared students for A-Level, university and professional qualifications. I have tutored students from many universities including Regents University, University of Brighton, LSE, UCL, Imperial College Business School, CASS Business School, SOAS, University of Westminster and Reading University. No course is too difficult and no lecturer too incomprehensible.
I also have an Enhanced DBS (2016).
Perfect! Dorothy was extremely helpful and in the space of one lesson able to boost my confidence in the subject area I was struggling with, I would strongly recommend her services, Her background of engineering also allowed me to understand the further applications of the topics, she was able to assist me with.
Good to meet you and glad you found the session helpful. I think we should keep the sessions to max 1.5hrs, unless you are particularly well rested! It's best to absorb information efficiently.
We worked through the first lecture on differentiation and outlined the fundamentals of how differentiation works. We also found there are standard forms and that differentiation can be applied to real world problems. I left you with some homework that focused on progressing your understanding rather than doing lots of repetitive calculations.
Hope to see you soon.
Dorothy is simply amazing. I just passed my accountancy exam (which I had failed 3 times in a row before) with flying colours and it was all because of her.
She takes the time to listen to you and understand where you feel like you are having problems and then she works along side you to find the best and most comfortable way to deal with those problems.
One thing that I really liked is that she has absolutely no problem with explaining a topic again and again and again, until you understand.
Dorothy responded quickly and efficiently to my initial enquiry. The session was well tailored to my needs and abilities; the pace was just right and and time taken to explain answers. I found Dorothy patient and conscientious and would recommend her.
Dorothy has filled many gaps in my knowledge, as well as making me feel a lot more confident and interested in the subject. Dorothy's teaching style is perfect for me. Any question I throw out at her she is able to respond back with a very easy and clear explanation, making studying a lot less daunting. She is extremely patient and if you don't understand a topic she will explain it over and over again. I have thoroughly enjoyed studying with her!
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, natural sciences lessons for all!
Taking quantitative methods lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|