I believe in a holistic approach to tutoring, engaging with all of the aspects of a student's relationship with their subjects that might be hindering the learning progress. I also enjoy creating strategic solutions to difficult situations, and I have experience boosting grades at short notice before re-sits.
I have over 1,000 hours of tutoring experience, with all of my students achieving their goals. I graduated from Cambridge and Oxford (Masters and Bachelors degrees in History, respectively).
For online Maths teaching, I use the screenshare feature on my iPad so that students can see my working out in realtime, just like an in-person lesson.
I have undertaken teaching training courses with SchoolsPlus and Action Tutoring. I have completed over fifty hours of communication training with Oxford University. I volunteered as an academic tutor with Cambridge Student Community Action.
MPhil, World History, Churchill College, Cambridge University, Distinction.
BA Hons., History, St John's, Oxford University, 2.1 (68).
GDL, BPP University, Distinction.
Successfully prepared students for the History Aptitude Test (HAT).
• Both passed the HAT and interviews, receiving offers from Oxford
• The client was struggling with British post-War political history. His mocks put him on target for an A.
7+, 8+, 11+, 13+:
• All students who have received results have gotten into their first choice, including Highgate and Heathside.
• All students have made an improvement of at least 20% in their Mathematics, and marked improvements in their creative writing and comprehension abilities.
• Raised one individual’s GCSE mathematics grade from D to B in 4 weeks.
• Raised another from his predicted B to A* standard.
• UCS student homework support. The student has performed markedly better in his routine assessments, and his parents are delighted with his
• Channing student who has gone from being disinterested and having concerned teachers, to an enthusiastic high-achiever. Her grasp of indices, fractions, decimals, angle theory, and negative numbers has gone from relatively poor to effortless.
• Entrance examination help as outlined above.
• Helped to raise a Francis Holland School student’s English Language grade from a Level 4 to a Level 7 in only one week.
• Informally taught academic English to a struggling international student.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking arithmetic lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|