My Teaching Method is supportive /planned/Traineeship materials are used throughout six week work skills Programme that teaches work ready skills to Learners that are not in Education/Employment / Training. Quality is key throughout as I am also an Internal Quality Assurance Manager with KPI's /deadlines and timely achievements goals to meet.
I have more than twenty years experience within Retail / Assessing/Tutoring / Internal Verification working to support Learners 1-1 and Classroom based. Quality support and guidance from a very experienced professional. Quality Assurance is key to all my roles. Topics cover English and Maths Functional Skills / Employability Skills CV /Cover letters/STAR Method /Elevator pitches/Mock Interviews/ Management / Business Admin / Team Leading/ Customer Service and much much more !!
• D32 / D33 Assessor Units
• PTLLS Level 4
• Internal Verifier Award Level 4 [TAQA]
• Lead IQA TAQA
• Functional Skills English Reading Writing and Speaking and Listening at Level 2
• Retail QCF and Technical Certificate Level 2 and 3
• Customer Service QCF and Technical Certificate Level 2 and 3
• Key Skills AON, COM and ICT Level 2
• Teaching and Learning and Development Modules completed in House 2014 1-5 completed.
• Functional Skills Level 2 in Math
• Functional Skills ICT Level 2
• Member of the Institute for Learning
• Health and Safety Certificate
• Completion of Colleague Safeguarding to include Single Equality & Every Child Matters
• Equality and Diversity
• Completed Sales Qualification In House at Babington to also include Tech Cert completion as an update of new standards.
• Qualified to Assess in Business Admin, Team Leading, and Retail, Management, Customer service and Sales.
• Prevent for practitioner’s module
• Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service Level 2 [QCF]
• Terrorism policing Module
• Health and safety Level 3 11 modules on Line Training
• First Aid One Day External Training Course
• Intranet and Breath HR training
• Health and Safety
• Data Protection / Tracker and One File Training
• Observation Training
• Prevent Update
• Invigilator Training
Training: Food Safety Level 2, Basic Sea Survival, Basic Food and Hygiene, Three Day First Aid Course, Disciplinary Procedures Training, Appraisal Training, C.P.S.C. Certificate, Marine Evacuation System, City and Guilds Portfolio Award, Safe Guarding, Educare, Equality and diversity, NSPCC Child Protection Awareness Programme
May 2017 – Present
Sandwich Kent based covering London and South East Region
My key purpose of the role is to work with Tutor Managers, Tutors and Curriculum Manager. Supporting Tutors through the assessment process while working in line with Awarding Body guidelines. Quality monitoring and management of Learner portfolios maintaining profitability in line with MiddletonMurray objectives. Quality Management is the focus for the role.
IQA verification and assessment monitoring following the Traineeship strategy advising, developing and supporting Tutors. Identifying patterns and trends crucial to ensure maximum number of completions meeting the required standards and timescales. Leading by example when supporting Tutor in classroom setting covering time out for Level 5 completion and holiday cover.
Communication with Management to report sampling data and help with programme development. Quarterly observations to take place with action plans where necessary put in place. Assisting with new Tutor inductions [OneFile support]. Role includes giving Tutor and Learner feedback to support quality and compliance within the Traineeship.
Additional responsibilities include planning and completing OTLA observations each quarter with Tutors giving constructive feedback and best practice completing observation documents.
Other responsibilities include updating Google Claim sheets for completions working with withdrawal sheets and attendance sheets to track progression of Learners and work with Tutors to ensure interim and summative sampling take place as planned on One File E Portfolio.
I strive for quality and results working towards grade 1 Ofsted outcome.
October 2016 – May 2017
My Role within MiddletonMurray is Tutor in Canterbury which is part of East Kent region. Responsibilities include delivering the Accredited BTEC twelve-week Traineeship to a class of between fifteen to twenty Learners. My focus is to maintain delivery support and engagement, working towards them being work ready and achievement of the skills and tasks that enable them to transition into the working environment. Preparation for interviews, Cover Letters all build confidence and provide the stepping stones for achievement of Functional Skills Math’s and English Level 1 within the six weeks. Use of BKSB resources are encouraged in the power Hour which solely concentrates on Functional Skills activities. This is a very rewarding role with high responsibility to support and guide the Learners with my previous experience and examples to help progress them into an Apprenticeship placement.
I adapt my teaching skills to a wide range of needs, requirements and learning abilities in the classroom, which is both challenging and very rewarding. The sense of helping and supporting Learners who all have a story to tell about how they haven’t been given a chance or they weren’t the best behaved, to be able to turn them around in six weeks to interview level is a great achievement.
I have been given the responsibility of being Buddy to two new MiddletonMurray Tutors and have spent time supporting with One File and sharing best practice which is currently ongoing. I also have had the responsibility of being Manager to a Business Management Trainee where I have helped and supported with the knowledge needed for her to achieve her Apprenticeship. I am currently supporting Alex Turner who is a Graduate presently shadowing me in the classroom and gaining confidence daily in running the lesson plans building confidence and eventually becoming a classroom Tutor. This is going well as I can share best practice with him and evaluate what has gone well and what we could try differently in the future. I have started to Quality Assure Traineeship Tutors portfolios, which I have really enjoyed being part of and wish to continue in this role as I enjoy Quality Assurance combined with being able to support Tutors in the classroom by sharing best practice and a wealth of experience. Communication and being approachable and very organised are skills I use to the best of my ability.
• Completion of Lesson Plans and Context sheets.
• Deliver Accredited Traineeship and assist with the delivery of social and personal development.
• To support Learners to become work ready with the completion of tasks and activities.
• Work under pressure and adapt to difficult situations
• Support and Buddy new members of the Team
• Compliant with all policies and procedures
• Maintain a safe environment for the Leaners and Colleagues
• Meet the required retention levels for each cohort
• Share best practice
August 2015 – October 2016
Skills People Group
Supporting a caseload of Generic Learners teaching and learning and assessment.
Quality assessment of E Portfolio
Supporting Team of Tutors in the field
Planning and carrying out of 1-1 Tutor OTLA and Observations to support and develop
Planning and attending Team Meetings and Standardisation
Feb 2014 – August 2015
Babington Business College
Plan visits and ensure progression
Identify individual needs of the learner
Set and review smart targets
Deliver Team Leading, Business Administration, Management and Sales at Level 2 and 3
Functional skills level 2 and 3 English Math’s and ICT
Review completion and promoting Equality and Diversity, Safeguarding and Health and Safety always.
Complete Testing for Tech Cert and Functional Skills.
Attend Training and Standardisation meetings.
I am currently freelancing for EBD Training Solutions in the Role of IQA in all Sectors and have been supporting with improvements in the quality aspect of the Role to improve quality and planning. I am looking to expand my IQA responsibilities as I self-funded to complete the Qualification, so I am very keen to use them in the future and development my skills.
October 2013 – February 2014 EQL Solutions
May 2013 – October 2013 Elmfield Training (now EQL)
• Delivering Retail, Customer Service and Business Administration Level 2 and 3 and Retail Management Level 3.
• Ensure learner recruitment and retention levels are maintained.
• Delivering full framework apprenticeships including Functional Skills Level 1 and 2.
• Working on the British Home Stores Account.
• Managing a caseload of 50 learners based throughout Kent and the outskirts of London.
January 2013 – May 2013 Skillnet
Reason for leaving: Excessive travel (4500 – 5000 miles per month)
• Employed to develop the Retail NVQ Qualifications for the Martin McColl’s account, reporting directly to the Board of Directors.
• Delivering Retail, Customer Service, Business Administration and Sales Level 2 and 3 and Team Leading Level 2.
• Travelling from Devon up to the Scottish border.
January 2011 – December 2012 Elmfield Training
Reason for leaving: Redundancy
• Delivering Retail, Customer Service and Business Administration Level 2 and 3 and Retail Management Level 3 on the Morrison’s contract.
• Delivering full framework apprenticeships including Key Skills Level 1 and 2.
• Attended 7-day training and induction at Daresbury which gave me the information and guidance to work within Morrison’s stores.
• Managing a caseload of 300 learners working with Morrison’s stores.
October 2007 – July 2011 Protocol Skills
• Use of Genesis Electronic Assessment.
• Delivering Retail and Customer Service Level 2 and 3 and Team Leading Level 2.
• Delivering full framework apprenticeships including Key Skills Level 1 and 2.
• Working with a wide range of companies including New Look, Car Phone Warehouse, British Home Stores, Curry’s, Claire’s Accessories, Bakers Oven/Greggs, Faith Shoes, Clinton Cards and Birthdays.
• Working with independent retail organisations, where I generated leads to maintain my caseload.
• Maintain and manage caseload of learners in accordance with company guidelines.
• Maintain paperwork to the required standard.
• Recruit learners as appropriate to maintain caseload.
• Ensure Learner retention is at acceptable levels.
• Motivate/drive learners to achieve in line with agreed target deadlines.
• Support the learning process; issue flexible learning units and facilitate local on-the- job training as required.
• Plan the assessment process with learners; observe, record assessment and complete all relevant documentation.
• Monitor Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities within work placements.
• Planning my working day using daily diary and calendar.
• Planning visits with placements.
• Updating documents including CV travel Expenses Daily Planner Electronic and manual.
• Work with the learners’ employer and colleagues to achieve goals and objectives.
April 2000 – September 2007 QS
• Managing a team of 20 working within a store selling clothing, shoes and other products.
• Setting staff targets and ensuring KPIs were met.
• Interviewing, training and developing staff.
• Organising merchandise and stock delivery and control.
• Dealing with duties including: banking, security, coaching and team building.
• Delivery intake and checking off.
• Merchandising of stock.
• General housekeeping in store.
• Till procedures cashing up refunds exchanges etc.
• Team building and coaching to achieve targets.
• General Day to day running of a very busy store
August 1999 – March 2000 Pilot Clothing
• Managing a team of 10 + within the store.
• Setting and meeting targets.
• Interviewing appraisals.
• Remerchandising displays and checking in new stock.
• Banking and the overall security of the store.
• Stocktaking and stock loss.
• Training of staff in store.
June 1998 – August 1999 Hargreaves Sports
• Setting and meeting targets approx 15,000 weekly.
• Merchandising displays including window displays.
• Interviewing staff training and coaching to meet targets.
• Banking cashing up tills etc.
• Security in store.
• Stock control and stock taking.
October 1996 – June 1998 Seaboard Retail Superstore
• Setting targets for sales team.
• Coaching team building.
• Sales/sales plans to boost profits for store.
• In charge of a team of ten people.
• Weekly targets of 45,000 to 60,000.
• Took on the role of manager when off or holiday.
June 1990 – September 1996 P&O European Ferries
• Responsible for the Pride of Kent’s tax and Duty-Free shop including perfume, watches and jewelry.
• Staffing levels within the shop general security such as dealing with shoplifters and the like.
• Stock control and stocktaking.
• General housekeeping.
• I have been a retail supervisor and have trained in all areas of the hotel services department with P&O, from self service restaurant upwards.
• I also attended French at work course and attended regular retail meetings.
career coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest professional coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking job searching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£17|