My teaching methods varies depending on the personality of the students and the objective of the lesson. Some lessons are student centered , others very creative with the use of technology, some takes on a collaborative effort whilst others we just discuss.
I have been teaching Conversation English, Traveling Course, Business English as well as preparing students for EIKEN and TOEIC. To date, I have received 100% pass rate. Additionally, I have taught English in public schools in Japan at the elementary, junior high and high school level.
258 WENDY CLOSE, PARADISE ACRES,WHITE SANDS, MONTEGO BAY, ST. JAMES, JAMAICA WI
TEL: 543-8063 EMAIL: (concealed information) SKYPE: BLESSED KERI
Bring added value to an organization where experience in education, leadership and counseling is needed.
TEXAS TEACHERS ALTERNATIVE CERTIFICATION
Roehampton University, London, United Kingdom
Masters in Religion and Human Rights (2007)
South London Christian College, London, United Kingdom
Bachelors in Theology with minor in counseling (2005)
English Teacher; Nova,Toyokawa City, Japan; 09/ 2015- Dec 23rd,2017
● Providing high quality English instruction to students who aim to improve their communicative proficiency.
● Taught business English to professionals who want to progress in their careers locally and internationally.
● Teach young learners ages 3-12 how to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
● Prepare students for TOEIC and TOEFL to date all my students have passed their exams.
● Liaised with the Branch Manager to ensure the school's objectives are met.
● Entering client’s data
Language Instructor (AET); Toyokawa Board of Education, Toyokawa, Japan, 01/04/2013 to 31/03/2015
● Teaching Elementary and Junior High School students English.
● Assist in planning and training Japanese teachers how to improve their English lessons.
● Judging the speech contest for Toyokawa City junior high school students.
● Prepare students for the annual cultural exchange in USA, China and Australia.
● Data entry, writing reports, doing staff observations, Evaluations and making the necessary recommendations on how staff can improve their ESL lessons.
Language Instructor; Interac, Tokyo, Japan, 15/09/2009 to 31/03/2013
● Planning lessons according to the curriculum
● Make learning English fun and interesting
● Creating a conducive environment for learning
Educator; Alpha High School, Kingston, Jamaica; 08/04/2007 to 06/09/2009
● Taught Religious Education to students and preparing them for external exams.
● Developed excellent rapport with students and staff to promote a positive learning environment.
● Advising students regarding their SBAs.
Youth Worker; Wandsworth Council, London, UK; 01/2003 - 03/2007
● Planned and co-coordinated educational activities for young people ages 3-19
● Developed and managed community based projects to help troubled teens
Support Worker; Allied Reality, London, UK; 07/ 2001- 01/ 2003
Managed the daily activities of children in my care
Interact with the children and foster any emotional and educational support they might need with the responsibility of getting the relevant government agencies involved if necessary.
Liaised with the various government departments to ensure the council’s objectives are met.
ICT,Microsoft, Office, Excel,Quickbooks,Email.,Web and Social Skills,Writing skills,Stocktaking, Sales, Research, Customer Services, Team Work, Events Planning, Interpersonal Skills,Graphic Design,Word Processing, Management and Leadership skills.
Travelling, Reading, Singing, Athletics, Drama, Debate, Taking Pictures, Sports, Social Networking
References: Available upon request.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£15|