Lesson content will be chosen by you! Please contact me to tell me more about your expectations and targets to make sure that you will benefit from the best lessons, tailored to your specific needs. Every student is unique and deserves a personalised lesson!
When teaching, I create new materials for each student as no two people are the same. I always give homework to help process and practise what was said during the lesson.
Learning from me also means your accent will be correct. I remember a student who used to pronounce ‘merci beaucoup’ (thanks a lot) ‘mercy bowcue’ which means ‘thanks pretty bum’!!! She eventually got it right, it’s ‘boku’.
Throughout my five-year experience in education, I have become very well acquainted with the GCSE, iGCSE, A-Levels and Pre-U expectations. I am, therefore, offering to give all the tools and tips needed to pass successfully these exams.
Over the past two years I have also been working part-time as a self-employed French tutor and I have engaged with a wide variety of students from the age of 5 up to 75!
I have recently specialised in Oxbridge tutoring, helping students of French in Oxford and Cambridge Universities.
lesson 100% refunded if 24hr notice is given to cancel it
- Sep.2016: Master’s Degree in History (Université de Bretagne Sud, France completed
remotely from Manchester) (1st)
- June 2014 : Dual Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature (2:1), Civilisation and History (2:1) (Université de Bretagne Sud, France )
- 2011/2012 : Hypokhâgne BL (Nantes, France), 1st year of preparation course in Humanities for the Ecole Normale Supérieure (Ulm, Paris)
- 2011 : Baccalauréat (French equivalent to A-Levels) A grades
- 2008 : DNB (French equivalent to GCSE) A* grades
• April 2018/present : part-time French tutor - La Academia Language Services
One-to-one or group classes for all levels and ages.
Tutor for Oxbridge students.
English as a foreign language tutor.
• Feb. 2017/present : member - dj collective Me Gusta (Manchester)
Event organisation including djing, promotion, marketing and corresponding with various venues.
• Sept. 2016/May 2019 : French language teaching assistant/Co-curricular co- ordinator - Cheadle Hulme School (Cheadle Hulme)
The post is responsible for preparing the students for their speaking iGCSE and Pre- U exams; coordinating a team of students to assist in the provision of a range of opportunities such as events and clubs, in order to enrich the students’ language learning experience beyond the classroom, and to work with the bilingual students to establish workable individual pathways.
• Sept. 2016/Sept. 2018 : Teacher - La Petite Ecole (Whalley Range)
Teacher for bilinguals in the French primary school "La Petite Ecole de Manchester” on Saturday mornings.
• 2014/2016 : French language teaching assistant - Bury Church of England High School (Bury)
• June2018/present: radio host – Reform Radio
Hosting a monthly music show on one of Manchester’s leading online radio stations.
• Nov. 2017/April 2018 : Volunteer - The Portico Library (Manchester City Centre)
Supporting events that take place at the library.
Researching, cataloguing and presenting the history of the library.
Assisting in the maintenance of the book collection.
• Sept. 2017/March 2018 : Volunteer - The Manchester Victoria Baths
Supporting events that take place at the Victoria Baths.
Researching, cataloguing and presenting the history of the baths.
• Aug. 2015/16/17/18 : English guide-translator/Event co-ordinator - Festival Interceltique (Lorient, France)
Translator for English-speaking musicians performing at the festival during press conferences and filmed interviews. Guiding them through festival facilities, organising travel to festival events taking place off-site, and organising accommodation for visiting bands. Running guided tours of the landmarks of the city and presenting its history to the visiting bands and performers.
• 2012/13 : Founder/editor/designer of a student webzine (Les Incult’ now Leditorium) (Lorient, France)
First webzine in Lorient which aimed at promoting events amongst the student community.
french lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - french lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - french lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension -french lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|