Depending on where we need to start for the IELTS training, we would work through each module, going through the skills and strategies as well as the question types. For lower level students, the process will be slightly different, in that we would work through all the modules and at the same time develop English language skills.
As a former Director of Studies in an IELTS academy, approximately 1,500 candidates came for IELTS preparation with a very high success rate in getting the desired results (generally most students required 6.5 though some students needed 7.5 and got the result).
Director of Studies - 05/2012 to 06/2019
Istanbul IELTS, Istanbul
• Since start-up 1500 students and generated sales of over 5 million Turkish Lira
• Development and maintenance of core values to all parties
• Hiring and mentoring an international teaching team
• Responsible for the overall well-being of students
• Dealing with stakeholders
• Development of curriculum and enhancement of programmes
• Development of network with study abroad institutions
• Conducting IELTS Workshops on behalf of IDP IELTS (Australia) and numerous universities in Istanbul
• Teacher training and scheduling
English Teacher - 03/2007 to 05/2012
• Teaching professionals from a variety of backgrounds
• Research and prepare lessons for students to help in their jobs/industry
• Prepare students for exams such as IELTS / TOEFL / TOEIC / BULATS / FCE / KET / PET
• Taught at a number of language schools group classes and companies
• Working with various language consultancy firms and language schools
Education Co-Ordinator - 04/2008 to 02/2011
Istanbul English Club, Istanbul
• Development and introduction of short and long Intensive Programmes for specific needs
• Short Intensive programmes for IELTS / TOEFL / TOEIC
• Soft skills preparation – meetings, preparations, interviews
• Co-ordination of Speaking Club seminars
• Recruitment of teachers
• Teacher’s schedules
English Language Teacher - 12/2004 to 03/2007
Teaching group classes – Pre-intermediate to Upper-Intermediate and Private Classes – students from sectors of banking, textiles, pharmaceutical and insurance.
English Teacher - 03/2007 to 11/2008
British English, Istanbul
Teaching three different intermediate groups and an advanced level group. I was also responsible for the Conversation Club.
English Reading & Speaking Skills Teacher - 01/2007 to 06/2007
Ozel Istanbul Koleji, Istanbul
Instructing 2nd-5th grade students reading and speaking skills (variety of children’s books according to CEFR) also instructing 6th grade students for the KET exams.
English Teacher - 12/2006 to 03/2007
NLP Grup, Istanbul
Primarily teaching intermediate and upper-intermediate levels as well conversation classes.
Enhanced the school curriculum by creating and developing of new programmes such as IELTS & TOEFL.
Education Manager / English Teacher - 01/2005 to 12/2006
SDM English, Istanbul
Teaching professionals one-to-one as per the student’s requirements in areas of: Business English, IELTS, TOEFL and university entrance exams. I developed and standardised the school’s entrance level testing system as to reduce the impact upon individual teachers.
University of Hertfordshire. Wall Hall Campus, Hertfordshire, UK
B.A. Hons. History
Oaklands College, Elstree Way, Borehamwood, UK
Access to Higher Education
Oxford House College, London, UK
• (UCLES) CELTA
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest business english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, IELTS lessons for all!
Taking TOEFL lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£15|
|5 hours||Not available||£113||£75|
|10 hours||Not available||£211||£150|